ECM Technika just in...

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
monkeyboy

#1: Post by monkeyboy »

The UPS guy struggled to carry this to my front door

Holy carp - that's a big box!!

No clearance overhead, but I will manage...will play around to see where I will ultimately locate it. It is a beauty!

Fired it up after reading the instructions and experimented with my grind. Still need to dial it in, but initial taste test = the espresso is ALOT more powerful than my little Delonghi could ever make. Much richer / deeper flavors and I'm not at a spot where it is pulling great shots yet.

My wife walked in later in the day...took one look and said to me "You have to be be f@cking kidding me!"

She knew I was going to buy an espresso machine. The bill hit Visa when we were on vacation (she was in a good mood) so she already saw the price tag shock.

I need to get this sucker dialed in by the weekend so I can make her the best Latte she has ever had or else this may be my last big purchase for awhile.

wrz0170

#2: Post by wrz0170 »

Congrats on your new machine! It's beautiful! Yes, I remember "the look" and a similar colorful retort that my wife gave me. Sadly, I cannot compensate her with drink. :D

keno

#3: Post by keno »

Congrats on the Technika!! It's a great machine, have really enjoyed mine over the past year or so. In fact, mine looks pretty similar in my kitchen.

What grinder are you using with it?

monkeyboy (original poster)

#4: Post by monkeyboy (original poster) »

keno wrote:Congrats on the Technika!! It's a great machine, have really enjoyed mine over the past year or so. In fact, mine looks pretty similar in my kitchen.
<image>
What grinder are you using with it?

Mazzer Major - had it for about 5 years.

cuppajoe

#5: Post by cuppajoe »

Shoulda seen the Fedex guy when I opened the door to see him standing there holding the box with the Cimbali Junior in it. His eyes were about bulging out of his head. Not only does the thing weigh 75 lbs, it was packed rather poorly and the box had rounded. You'd think they would give the poor guys hand trucks at least.

Nice machine BTW, you'll be up to speed in no time.
David - LMWDP 448

My coffee wasn't strong enough to defend itself - Tom Waits

keno

#6: Post by keno »

monkeyboy wrote:Mazzer Major - had it for about 5 years.
Should be a good combo. Have fun with it!