ECM Botticelli ii pressure valve or blockage

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
rbuckland

#1: Post by rbuckland »

Hi,

I have an ECM Botticelli II (6years) and it has just yesterday stopped flowing water out of the shower head/ but rather all flows back to tank as if too much pressure.

When I press the button to pull a shot water fills the boiler and after a few seconds will start to pour water out the pressure relief hose back to the tank. And only drips are coming out the head .

I forgot to turn it off sat night and was on the steam setting for 10 or so hours, so a prolonged high heat may be related.

Best I can guess is.
A. The pressure relief valve (brass thing ) is now stuffed but I checked that and it is (correctly blocked) ok buy I guess could be weak
B. There is a block in the boiler or group head.

The ECM bott. Has the boiler fitted right on top of the group head.

Just wondering if people have a suggestion before I go diving deeper. The pump appears fine.

Cheers .

Ramon

rbuckland (original poster)

#2: Post by rbuckland (original poster) »

Hi again,

Does anyone have any tips as to how I can fault find the problem at had.

So in short, the symptoms:

- next to no water comes out the group head (drips)
- all water is cycled back to the tank

I can't tell if it is the relief valve (how do I test), or a blockage in the boiler.

r.

HB
Admin

#3: Post by HB »

Have you descaled lately? It doesn't take much scale to block a gicleur (a small orifice atop the grouphead in many espresso machines). I would start at the grouphead and work towards the pump looking for blockage.
Dan Kehn

schcph

#4: Post by schcph »

Hi Ramon
I experience the same problem with my ECM Bott II ...
Did you find a solution to the problem?
Do you know of any repair manual for the machine?
I took of the top the other day ... But really like some kind of paper telling me where to start :-)
Kind Regards,
Christian