Early Model Synesso Cyncra Rebuild

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
oqcoffee

#1: Post by oqcoffee »

Thoughts and advice are always appreciated. I'll post the after photos when we get it up and running!

Bob_McBob

#2: Post by Bob_McBob »

How did it get to the point where it needs a major rebuild in less than eight years?
Chris

cannonfodder
Team HB

#3: Post by cannonfodder »

Hopefully it has not been sitting a garage or shed, otherwise you could be in for freeze damage.

8 years is a long time in a commercial environment. Any machine will go to pot in that amount of time if it is not properly cared for. 8 years in a home will ruin a machine if not properly cared for.
Dave Stephens

erics
Supporter ★

#4: Post by erics »

Synesso currently uses a "blue" and a "red" Loctite on the majority (if not all) of their threaded parts. I would ask Synesso for some disassembly advice on the water path threads that have the "red" loctite applied. There's probably a good, better, best, & wrong method to attack those. :)
Skål,

Eric S.
http://users.rcn.com/erics/
E-mail: erics at rcn dot com

Possepat

#5: Post by Possepat »

Synesso currently uses a "blue" and a "red" Loctite on the majority (if not all) of their threaded parts. I would ask Synesso for some disassembly advice on the water path threads that have the "red" loctite applied. There's probably a good, better, best, & wrong method to attack those.
As a Millwright, I can offer my humble advice about removing red loctite.... It's designed to come off with heat :? . However there may be some kind of product (spray etc)I'm not aware of that is designed to soften it up.

http://www.ehow.com/how_5201363_remove- ... bolts.html

If the fastener is too big for the soldering iron method... maybe a flexible necked Butane BBQ/Candle lighter may come in handy as I would imagine a full sized butane torch would be too large/awkward for the some of the fasteners.

To shield your wiring (removed first if at all possible) and other heat sensitive parts, you can obtain fire retardant cloth at your hardware store. Usually used to shield studs and sheet rock from flame when soldering copper pipes.

All the best. Can't wait to follow this rebuild
Padraig
"Do what you want, you're gonna do it anyways!" - My father

LMWDP #365

pdx

#6: Post by pdx »

How old is the machine? If there's a fan in the electronics box you can replace the relay with a new ssr & heatsink- kit available from Synesso inexpensively. They've also changed the brew valves they use- if you haven't call the factory for suggested changes based on the age of the machine. Let me know if you need wiring diagrams or anything.
Ben King.

mhoy

#7: Post by mhoy »

This will be fun thread to follow!!!!! All the best.