DVA "Cabinato" LT8 Water Softener - Help on use

Water analysis, treatment, and mineral recipes for optimum taste and equipment health.
Mouldy

#1: Post by Mouldy »

I purchased a used Elektra Barlume 2 group a while back, and with it came a "DVA Cabinato LT8" water softener. This is a different type to the seemingly more common LT8 model that doesn't have the "Cabinato" in the name. I'm not familiar with the use of these units and have failed to find any useful information on them, such as a user manual, etc.

I found a datasheet per below, which shows what the unit looks like. It consists of a cabinet that houses the cylinder (I assume contains the resin), and integral to the cabinet is also a tank.

Would appreciate if anyone can help with how the unit is used? Would the salt be placed in the tank along with water? IF so, how much water, and how much salt? There is also a couple of timer/dials which I assume is for setting up recharge of the resin with the brine from the tank?

No doubt the answers are obvious to a lot of you, so forgive my ignorance on this subject.

victoriacoffees

#2: Post by victoriacoffees »

I'm not familiar with it either but that is a nice settup! Please share install pics and notes.

-john
John V.

Advertisement
GVDub
Supporter ♡

#3: Post by GVDub »

You might check with Jim Piccinich at 1st Line, as they carry the Ascaso version of this automatic water softener. He might have a manual or something. My understanding is that you keep brine in the tank and it automatically recharges the resin cartridge on a timed setting.
"Experience is a comb nature gives us after we are bald."
Chinese Proverb
LMWDP#238