Downgraditus? - Page 9

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
zin1953

#81: Post by zin1953 »

Endo wrote:The only upgrade machine that interests me is the GS/3. Thank God they priced it out of my range.
Thank God I have no desire for one . . . doesn't mean I'd turn it down if someone wanted to give it to me, but the only machine I have any desire to ever upgrade to is either one of these (can't make up my mind) :twisted:

A morning without coffee is sleep. -- Anon.

SlowRain

#82: Post by SlowRain »

I think I must be the only person on this planet who doesn't find those machines appealing. Everyone seems to rave about the looks, but all I can say is at least they're not square.

da gino

#83: Post by da gino replying to SlowRain »

Having only seen them in pictures I've often wondered why so many people think they are so far and away the best looking machines out there. I think they are cool looking, and a little different, but I certainly don't covet them for their looks over all other machines the way so many people seem to. (I realize that they also happen to be great espresso machines and that seems more exceptional to me than the looks). Perhaps that would change if I saw one in person.

Endo (original poster)

#84: Post by Endo (original poster) »

Focus guys........Mirage, GS/3 are not downgrades. (The river only flows one direction it seems). :lol:
"Disclaimer: All troll-like comments are my way of discussing"

JonR10

#85: Post by JonR10 »

Endo wrote:(The river only flows one direction it seems). :lol:
Funny how this thread has suddenly caused me to desire a PID'd, double-boiler, paddle group machine 8)
Jon Rosenthal
Houston, Texas

Vad

#86: Post by Vad »

SlowRain wrote:I think I must be the only person on this planet who doesn't find those machines appealing. Everyone seems to rave about the looks, but all I can say is at least they're not square.
I agree, to me, Speedster is much more appealing. But other than that, I like La Marzocco FB70/FB80 look the most. Also I have a question, are there any rumours about new machine by La Marzocco? And also, what is better for a coffee shop, 2-group GB5 or 2-group GS/3? Thank you.

zin1953

#87: Post by zin1953 »

Vad wrote:. . . to me, Speedster is much more appealing.
And this, Ladies and Gentlemen of the Jury, is why we have more than one machine on the market. Personally, I truly hate the way the Speedster looks . . . .

C'est la vie. Vous payez votre argent et vous faites votre choix.

Cheers,
Jason
A morning without coffee is sleep. -- Anon.

Endo (original poster)

#88: Post by Endo (original poster) »

Am I right to assume there are 2 groups:

1. Chrome or brass, E-61, levers, exposed plumbing (aka "The Romantics").

2. Stainless, boxy, buttons, digital readouts (aka "The Modernists").

(I'm in category 2 by the way).
"Disclaimer: All troll-like comments are my way of discussing"

Bluecold

#89: Post by Bluecold »

I'm a definite group three.
Romantic machines with all the modern niceties such as PID's.

And i really want a mirage idrocompresso. It's about the same as my lust for a Citroen SM. Nowhere near my lust of a Ekranoplan KM or an Auto Union Type C, but definitely more than my lust for a Typhoon class sub (they are dismantling them for crying out loud!) Ohh if i had oodles of cash just lying around...
LMWDP #232
"Though I Fly Through the Valley of Death I Shall Fear No Evil For I am at 80,000 Feet and Climbing."

JmanEspresso

#90: Post by JmanEspresso »

Ill say Im a Digital-Romantic. i like digital readouts, but im a sucker for big chunks of exposed chrome. ONLY on my espresso machine.. I dont want a fleck of chrome near my car.

E-61's are sexy, Erics Therm makes it digi-sexy. What is even better is a big ol' SS chunk sticking off the boiler with a digital readout on the panel.

Funnily enough that sounds like a GS/3.. HMMMM. Ill give ya one guess as to what my desktop background is..