Desperately trying to get dalla corte triple baskets - Page 2

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#11: Post by JohnB. »

I was able to buy a DC triple basket from James several months ago but since he didn't ask if I owned a DC I didn't volunteer the info. I've used it a few times & it works fine but large dose triples are not where the S1 shines brightest which I imagine is why La Spaziale doesn't bother offering triple baskets. Fine with me as I don't need that much caffeine in one shot and I like being able to drink it throughout the day as opposed to getting hammered by one shot/drink.
Marshall wrote:They are not an espresso parts supply house. They only sell them as an accommodation to their real customers. Of course, if they read the Vivaldi fanboy posts claiming the DC was a waste of money, I'm sure it didn't help. :D
I believe we said it was grossly overpriced, not a waste of money. Besides, the aborted H-B review was much more damning then anything we had to say. Seems like you've moved on also. :)
LMWDP 267

RapidCoffee
Team HB

#12: Post by RapidCoffee »

JmanEspresso wrote:Ive long wondered how the Vivaldi does with a triple basket(the DC too..)? The puck would be much taller then a 58mm triple basket.
That's why I have little interest in a 53mm Vivaldi triple. The double basket is already triple height, making it easy to dose 18g or more (see e.g. here).

I think John's got it right. Enjoy the double basket, and save your desperation for more important things (like ridgeless baskets :P).
John

wildbwilson

#13: Post by wildbwilson »