Descaling wega atlas dual group

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
sweetyarra

#1: Post by sweetyarra »

Hello

Greetings and hello from Melbourne Australia
I purchased a used wega atlas dual group from a closed down cafe in which the owner said he only make max 10 cups a day with the coffee machine and its been used effectively in that cafe for 2 years before it was put in his garage for years. The machine was purchased in 2006 so its been sitting un used for 4 years at least.

I tested the machine and its working fine and makes good cups of coffees. I am using the machine at home with water bottle and a flojet pump (not plumbed) i am using filtered water (brita) that i obtained separately and then fill the 15 liter bottle with this bottle.

Although it looks and feels fine i want to do at least one descaling, is there anyway i can do that? I was thinking of feeling the water bottle with citric acid solution and run the water throufh the steamer and hot water dispenser. I did back flush the group with coffetto cleaning powder.

Any way or steps to descale?

Also come with the machine is a wega max grinder. It has a metal tag with k7 written on it, i know wega max is rebranded as kompak now looks very similar. The burr blades are sharp but the screws are very hard to open it may be sticky due to oil from ground coffee. Would the burr from kompak fit this grinder?

Many thanks