Dalla Corte Mini

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
another_jim
Team HB

#1: Post by another_jim »

One machine that's been flying under the radar is being sold by Umberto Bonfante, who also sells the excellent Cunill grinders, and whose reputation for good service is high. It is the Dalla Corte dual boiler, in a pourover version for $1200. Dalla Corte is the founder of of La Spaziale and the designer of their brewing system (the S1 brew boiler is really the HX of their standard machines).

http://sovranastore.com/dacomipr.html

The specs look very similar to the Rossini; and the price is nice!

...split from Looking for a Dual Boiler Espresso Machine with a tank by moderator...

emperorma

#2: Post by emperorma »

another_jim wrote:One machine that's been flying under the radar is being sold by Umberto Bonfante, who also sells the excellent Cunill grinders, and whose reputation for good service is high. It is the Dalla Corte dual boiler, in a pourover version for $1200. Dalla Corte is the founder of of La Spaziale and the designer of their brewing system (the S1 brew boiler is really the HX of their standard machines).

http://sovranastore.com/dacomipr.html

The specs look very similar to the Rossini; and the price is nice!
Wow, Jim. That looks like a heck of a deal. Have you heard anything about this machine's performance? Do you know anyone who has experience with it? This couldn't be what it looks like...a "budget" LaSpaziale...could it?

The price point is great for a dual boiler machine. It basically comes with a "free" high-end grinder when compared to the Brewtus.

Thanks for the tip. I'll check into it.

another_jim (original poster)
Team HB

#3: Post by another_jim (original poster) »

emperorma wrote:Have you heard anything about this machine's performance? Do you know anyone who has experience with it? This couldn't be what it looks like...a "budget" LaSpaziale...could it?
That's my take. Dalla Corte's divorce from La Spaziale was apparently not amicable, and the site claims that their machines are the "next generation." In particular, they claim they founded the company to make dual boilers and other advanced tech machines that LS was too conservative to manufacture.

However, there have been no forum or newsgroup reports on the machine. If you're an "early adopter", this may be a great deal for you. Email Umberto and ask him for his take on the machine versus the LS Vivaldi, which he also sells. As I said before, he's been very supportive of us coffee hobbyists and people on alt.coffee hold him in high esteem.

If you're not an "early adopter" type, it may not be your cup of tea.

I personally hope someone gets one, so we can hear about it!

emperorma

#4: Post by emperorma »

I'm afraid I don't have the experience to be an early adopter of a new machine. I plan to rely rather heavily on volumes of information readily available on the BII, LaSpaz or, inevitably, a new Quick Mill to help me along the learning curve. If Umberto says that this machine is for all intents & purposes a LaSpaz, then it would merit serious consideration.

Your bringing this to my attention makes me wonder how many new entry-level dual boiler machines will be making their debut in the near future...

papalatte

#5: Post by papalatte »

If Dela Corte was PID it would be awesome.........IMHO...
I hear it is built like a "brick ___ house" with a grouphead like the GS3. (53mm PF, but very stout....machine ha) I would have gotten one but at the time I didn't know about PID or any of the other cool stuff I've learned from this and other web sites......
I don't think I'd sell my "Classic Brewtus" for one but I think it would make a neat project.......

Skip

emperorma

#6: Post by emperorma »

What differences can be expected between 53mm vs 58mm portafilters?

zin1953

#7: Post by zin1953 »

In the FWIW Dept., http://www.dallacorte.it/.

In the English language version of their site, they state the following re: the Mini Professional:
"MINI", though being of small dimensions, can be placed on professional coffee machine market.

Boiler and coffee groups are independently thermoregulated, in order to obtain a perfect "espresso" and steam for a frothy "cappuccino"

Electronic volumetric dosages

Incorporated vibration pump

Continuous steam supplying for making cappuccino

Completely thickness stainless steel body 15/10

Automatic filling boiler

Copper boiler capacity: lt. 1,5

Water tank capacity: lt. 3,0

Net weight: Kg. 22 (48.5 lbs.)

Dimensions: L. 25,5 x H. 39 x P. 35 cm (10" x 15.35" x 13.8")
Nothing about having TWO boilers, just the "boiler and coffee groups [being] independently thermoregulated." I admit this suggests two boilers, but . . . .

emperorma

#8: Post by emperorma »

Zin - Sovrana's site clearly states the machine has two separate boilers, each independently thermoregulated. My guess is it's true, even though it sounds too good to be. ;-)

zin1953

#9: Post by zin1953 »

I agree -- both with what's on Sovrana's site and the "it's too good to be true" sentiment as well! I guess I'd just feel better if: a) the manufacturer's site said "two, two, two boilers!" and b) someone -- ANYONE -- had some experience with the Della Corte!

I'm in the same boat as you -- I want to upgrade to a double boiler machine, and unless we fully remodel the kitchen, a plumbed-in, 20 amp machine isn't an option. (Neither is a flo-jet/5-gallon water bottle in the middle of my kitchen floor!) So it's a Brewtus II . . . unless I feel like being a pioneer and going for the Della Corte.

I've never heard of "Sovrana," but it sounds like an old Soviet era company . . . anyone have any experience with Sovrana or with Della Corte?

AndyS

#10: Post by AndyS »

zin1953 wrote: . . . anyone have any experience with Sovrana
http://groups.google.co.in/group/alt.co ... 8f15184714
-AndyS
VST refractometer/filter basket beta tester, no financial interest in the company