Crossland CC1? - Page 3

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
chang00

#21: Post by chang00 »

da gino, if you want to quote out of context, go ahead. There is no contradiction.

Look up the definition for "badge engineering".

da gino

#22: Post by da gino »

Hi Chang00, I didn't mean to take you comment out of context. Sorry if I did. I read your quotes to imply in one place as a statement of fact that the machines were identical except perhaps in insignificant ways such as style, and in another place to imply that you didn't know if the internals and the function were the same or not. Perhaps I misunderstood your meaning in one of those places. As for the definition of badge engineering it seems to fit my comment...

From the all knowing wikipedia:

"Badge engineering is a term that describes the rebadging (that is, the replacement of the branding trademark) of one product (especially automobiles) as another. Due to the high cost of designing and engineering a totally new model, or establishing a new brand (which may take many years to gain acceptance), it is often more cost-effective to rebadge a single product multiple times.

The term derives from the trademark emblems fastened inside or onto the outside of the car. While differences were originally confined to the badges used on the model, more typically it involves slight styling differences, usually limited to the headlights, tail lights, and front and rear fascias. More extreme examples involve differing engines and drivetrains.

Badge engineering is now common, but it should not be confused with platform sharing..."