Crossland CC1 - how to get perfect steam (video)

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
mikek753

#1: Post by mikek753 »

hi all,

I've used CC1 for almost 1.5 year and steam power went down.
I have 2 inline filters for water supply for CC1 (OMB934XF Omnipure (OMB934-10) 10"x2.5" Carbon Block 10 Micron Filter, AF-10-3000 Aries (AF-10-3000) 10"x2.5" Water Softening Clear Body Filter) that I replace every 4-6 months.
I do required descaling for CC1 every 4-6 months as well.
I saw many complains about CC1 can't produce good steam or not as good as other with dedicated boiler can.
Regular descaling didn't help much.
So I went with extra step - took Steam Boiler block out and open it.
Take a look at pics before and after cleaning was done.

Before

Cleaning

After cleaning

IMPORTANT !!!
I must caution you that soaking the steam block can damage the heating element inside. The top of the steam boiler (where the heating element exits the block) should never get wet. Heating elements have a wire inside that gets hot. There is a filter material (magnesium oxide) between this wire and the outside cover of the heating element. The ends of the heating element are not water proof. If water gets inside it will be absorbed by the filler material. If the water creates a short between the wire and the outside of the heating element then there could be dangerous voltage on the outside of the steam boiler. Please be very careful.
There are resulting videos that show how CC1 can steam perfect micro foam:
I hope this info will help CC1 owners to get the most of this machine :D
Best Regards.
Mike.

bostonbuzz

#2: Post by bostonbuzz »

Nice rolling of the milk. It looks like you have to get the top started and it really takes off. But, "perfect microfoam" is just hot milk until we see a pour. :twisted:
LMWDP #353