Crossland CC1?

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
cpreston
Supporter ♡

#1: Post by cpreston »

Can anyone who went to the Houston show say more about the Crossland CC1? It appears to me from pictures and specs that it could be a real game changer at its price if it performs as claimed. It's a very interesting compact configuration with PID brewing and thermoblock steaming.

SlowRain

#2: Post by SlowRain »

I wasn't at the show, but I think it was originally called the Gee espresso machine. It's made here in Taiwan in the next city to the north of where I live. Apparently, people here were complaining about the temperature stability, but I think this new version is supposed to fix that.

Advertisement
Marshall

#3: Post by Marshall replying to SlowRain »

I also noticed that the gauge dial is gone and replaced by a full-width reservoir. I saw Bill's machine in Houston and talked to Bill, but we didn't discuss the Gee (I didn't know about it). I'm sure he'd be happy to discuss other changes from the Gee.
Marshall
Los Angeles

JonR10

#4: Post by JonR10 »

Crossland used the same platform as GEE - but it is a very different machine. He wasn't brewing with it at the show, but you can bet that the creator of the original GS3 is putting out a machine that performs well for temp stability.

More Here (but not much on the machine): https://www.coffeegeek.com/opinions/sho ... 04-30-2011
Jon Rosenthal
Houston, Texas

chang00

#5: Post by chang00 »

The CC1 is a re-badged Gee espresso machine. I am interested to know what modifications Mr Crossland improved. There are no shortage of YouTube videos. For example:
Gee website:

http://gee-coffee.com/coffee_machine_pr ... chine.html

The company was founded in 2007 by a few engineers. The initial capital was NTD$3500000, about USD$1.2mil. The company consists of about 10 employees.

The machine has been available for purchase for several years in various Taiwanese websites and there are blogs regarding its performance already.

aecletec

#6: Post by aecletec »

chang00 wrote:The CC1 is a re-badged Gee espresso machine. I am interested to know what modifications Mr Crossland improved.
Calling something a re-badged machine implies the internals are similar. All we can see so far is that the case looks similar. The LCD is different as it doesn't seem to be backlit blue in the CG pictures. Do you have more in depth knowledge than its appearance?

chang00

#7: Post by chang00 »

Chris, I don't have schematics of the internal of the original vs CC1. Do you? As I stated earlier, I would like to know Mr Crossland's improvement over the original. I am sure CC1 is a very original machine, including the shell and the color of the LCD screen. Perhaps you should check out the various non-English coffee websites and blogs?

This nice video appears to be from Australia:

Advertisement
aecletec

#8: Post by aecletec »

I am already familiar with the GEE and its poor reputation, thanks.

JonR10

#9: Post by JonR10 »

chang00 wrote:The CC1 is a re-badged Gee espresso machine. I am interested to know what modifications Mr Crossland improved.
Perhaps I spoke too soon and should not have been authoritative because I don't know for sure.

If you are saying the CC1 is re-badged GEE then this does NOT imply that internals are similar...it is instead a statement that these are exactly the same machine except for the badge (nameplate). If you have any direct experience or knowledge with these two machines then please let us know for sure, OK?

Otherwise, I apologize for not knowing this ahead of time when I went to talk with Bill at the show because i could have asked him straight out. Oh well....maybe next year. :?
Jon Rosenthal
Houston, Texas

aecletec

#10: Post by aecletec »

JonR10 wrote: If you are saying the CC1 is re-badged GEE then this does NOT imply that internals are similar...it is instead a statement that these are exactly the same machine except for the badge (nameplate).
Well, I was trying to be diplomatic :P