Connected my ECM Giotto to the water line

Water analysis, treatment, and mineral recipes for optimum taste and equipment health.
ng

#1: Post by ng »

Finally got sick filling up the water tank and decided to make the connection. I ended up drilling through the side of my water tank and the metal housing that the water tank sits in. While I had the machine apart, I replaced the relay which was showing signs of failure; you can see the old relay in the lay photo. Finally, I built a little "roof" above the power relay in case the elbow fitting leaks in the future. The entire system is connected to my six stage RO system. The parts I used to make the connection were:

-Kerick float valve
-John Guest 90 degree elbow
-John Guest shut off
-John Guest "Y"
-pressure regulator (which I don't actually need)

HB
Admin

#2: Post by HB »

Your writeup is similar to Dave's from way back when: Quit Filling That Water Tank!
ng wrote:-pressure regulator (which I don't actually need)
To reduce the risk of the valve failing to close, I would install the pressure regulator and set it to 20 PSI. Unlike a toilet tank, there's no failsafe drain mechanism if you walk away while it's refilling and the valve sticks open. Flood Mitigation for Plumbed Espresso Machines offers a smart solution that cuts off the water supply if the unexpected happens.
Dan Kehn

ng (original poster)

#3: Post by ng (original poster) »

With the splits and the length of tubing I've run the float valve is hardly seeing 15PSI :) but, good advice

cuppajoe

#4: Post by cuppajoe »

The Anita I bought was converted to plumb-in, and had a shutoff solenoid at the water inlet fitting to the machine. When the machine if off, it cuts off the inlet. The braided line also had a regulator on it which is adjusted to 6 bar. This seems to be on the high end of what is recommended. I think whoever did the mod used a kit that Quickmill offered for one of their other machines.

Has worked well so far.
David - LMWDP 448

My coffee wasn't strong enough to defend itself - Tom Waits