Cleaning and Polishing

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Nag

#1: Post by Nag »

Not sure what others use but I found this product that really seems to work well. Make sure your machine is cool before using.
Spes Mea In Deo

Marcelnl

#2: Post by Marcelnl »

What is it made off? ..silicone oil does wonders on stainless and is much cheaper, many cleaning products contain silicone in some shape or form.
I do not use anything on the faemina, a moist microfiber cloth every now and then is enough.
The stainless cooker and its hood get the silicone oil treatment, but vegetable oil also works well (also for getting dirt spots off) the backdraw of veggy oil is that it may get stale or 'curdles' over time.
LMWDP #483

Nag (original poster)

#3: Post by Nag (original poster) »

Spes Mea In Deo

cannonfodder
Team HB

#4: Post by cannonfodder »

I just use a good old microfiber cloth slightly moistened by the steam wand. Cleans the stainless up like it was new with just a wipe.
Dave Stephens

TomC
Team HB

#5: Post by TomC »

My favorite job in college down in LA was working as a simple line cook at a small restaurant. We scrubbed the kitchen top to bottom every night, and when we really wanted to make all the vertical stainless surfaces look and shine nicely, we'd put some Zippo Lighter Fluid into a large bucket of hot water. Dipping a rag in coated the rag with a microfilm of the kerosene when you pulled it out, and it made everything shine like new. The same thing was an old car detailers trick. I wouldn't put kerosene anywhere near something that has contact with food (hence it was only on the walls), but maybe the outer case and whatnot of an espresso machine. But like Dave said, a steamy microfiber towel does everything I need. No smell either.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

Marcelnl

#6: Post by Marcelnl »

Great site!

Silicone it is....as expected. Works great by the same mechanism Tom describes, but without the petrolhead stink ;-)
LMWDP #483

LaDan

#7: Post by LaDan »

Marcelnl

#8: Post by Marcelnl »

Likely also silicone oil, most stainless products contain it for cleaning and shining
LMWDP #483