Cimbali Junior: Rotary vs. vibratory pump

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
goldsholl

#1: Post by goldsholl »

to end the rumor there is simply no way my vibratory pump ( I HAVE BOTH MACHINES, NEW AND OLD) can deliver the same intensity shot.
it's not possible. The fact that the vibratory pump is pumping the same bar pressure is not the issue,
even though of course an older machine probably isn't calculating an accurate read.
But that the consistent force of a direct drive makes the force cut through an over packed basket
that would be stopped up in a vibratory pump.(JUST AS A TEST) And it delivers it to the max.Not to mention
Though at present there is no water flow dial , but just a pressure stat to turn as me. Changing the rotary pump is not on my list of things to do but maybe once every 3 years.
Either way the vibratory pump rumor i can say is false. The rotary pump is to me unquestionably a winner,
not to mention, a hell of a lot easier than to have to wait for the recycle time . And more importantly
the sound of the old vibratory pumps, friend the big black pressure stat that wakes me up at night with click click click.. bottom line... there are no dis advantages of a rotary on the cimbali.

Note.. To get the cimbali fine tuned to the extent which i have undertaken is a big job. I bought it used from ebay and tore it apart. In the end i had to replace a motherboard, a rear solenoid switch, all seals and the
pump. I powder coated the frame and it was hell. NOTE: if you powder coat a frame its sometimes hard to get a ground, and that was one of the problems...

Ultimately the lesson i learned is that if a part isn't working and more importantly you think that's the part that isn't working and you buy a new part and the new part doesn't work.. Don't look for something else. try another part before you go looking for something else. I did this and went around to every notion until winding up back replacing the solenoid. The safety release valve would shoot out a waterspout when i poured shots. long long story

michael g