Cellini post-descaling leaking ~~~ resolved!

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
paman

#1: Post by paman »

Hi People,

I've just descaled my Rocket Cellini premium plus and now ... I regret it!

(There was very little scale to see ....)

But, now it does this:

- Turn on machine
- Water fills (I follow the instructions for steam wand value open for empty fill in the owner's manual)
- Water gushes from the vacuum breaker
- Lift vacuum breaker pin (first on later iterations)
- Pressure gauge hits 1.5 bars
- Safety valve opens
- Water everywhere

This is new behavior for this machine, which is less than a year old.

I've checked the vacuum breaker, no scale
I've checked the autofill level probe, no scale (pretty certain I got it back in to the same depth)

---
Update

After thinking this through, I decided to remount the autofill level probe. The probe on this puppy has a plastic tube sheath. I decided I must have misaligned it causing the sensor to indicate cut off at a water volume that was too high hence the water gushing when pressure started to build. Making this adjustment and refilling with steam wand valve open took care of it. Now it's behaving ....

So if you have a Cellini be careful to ensure proper seating of both the autofill level probe and the sheathing when checking it for scaling.

/P

bblakeky

#2: Post by bblakeky »

I ran into the exact same problem when descaling my Cellini (not my first time descaling). My retailer service dept. suggested that the boiler may have overfilled and left no gap for steam production. They suggested that I open the hot water valve (with machine off) and tilt the machine in the direction of the hot water fixture. I drained about 16 oz. of water then turned the machine on.

Bingo! I'm back up and running! :D