Casadio Dafne to Faema Carisma conversion help

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
fg230

#1: Post by fg230 »

Hi all,

I had converted a Casadio Dafne into a Faema Carisma by changing its semiautomatic group Head to a E-61 manual one. It has taken me some time to outsource the parts, disassemble and reassemble.... Finally I am now at the last step, which is to find out how to connect the mechanical electrical switch of the E-61 group. I am not sure it the switch goes directly to the pump? or the motherboard?

Does anyone have a Faema carisma electrical diagram? or does anyone who owns a Carisma know how it is connected?

thanks in advance

cheers

Fg

fg230 (original poster)

#2: Post by fg230 (original poster) »

Hi again,

just checking if anyone have an idea how to connect the micros-switch to be board. Still struggling with it. Fingers crossed

thanks

Advertisement
ira
Team HB

#3: Post by ira »

On the E-62s I've see the switch starts the pump. So it should go to the terminal to run the pump. Does the control box have a legend? Can you show us a picture of the label on the control box? Conceptually you could just run the pump from the switch or through a relay but the box usually implements auto-fill and other features so you'd want to use the box if possible.

Ira

fg230 (original poster)

#4: Post by fg230 (original poster) »

HI,

I had taken a couple of pictures of the user board.

- back the 14 pin connector on the left no idea what it does it says tastiera (keyboard? on the other side of the board). I think it might be related to the automated version where the steam is pre-set
- the white 10 pin connector at the bottom connects to the boiler (water level,.. ) it also has outlets to the switches. and it reads dos. vol. ingressi on the other side of the board
- the black 10 pin connector at the bottom comes from the main power board (it reads input alim.)
- the black 2 pin connector is the temperature sensor (i think, I can not see what it reads as is covered by the screen on the other side)
- the white two pin connector, i have no idea what it does (i think, I can not see what it reads as is covered by the screen)
- the three 123 jumper, no idea of what they do.
-the white 4 pin connector top right is for the turbo stem

Does anyone know how to make the microswitch will be connected to this board? from the white 10 in connector on the left, there are two black cables that might be the ones but they do not do anything when connected. I am starting to think it might be related to the three jumpers, or the other white two pin connector.

But i have no idea :(

I also enclose a picture of the power board. the only think I have managed to do with this one is blowing a fuse. any suggestions will be more than welcome.

cheers

erics
Supporter ★

#5: Post by erics »

just checking if anyone have an idea how to connect the micros-switch to be board. Still struggling with it. Fingers crossed
As well you should be because, as far as I can tell, neither one of these models was designed to operate with the typical microswitch which turns on the pump for brewing operation. Also keep in mind that the Dafne was NOT sold in the US as far as I know. The Carisma was carried by a few dealers here in the US but has since been dropped. This is not direct knowledge but simply reading some posts on this board.

I can send you parts manuals for both the Dafne and the Carisma but they leave a lot to be desired and keep in mind that I have never laid eyes on either one of these units. My email address is below my sig.

You are, in essence, building a machine from "ground zero" and that requires a good working knowledge of the electrics you are modifying. Have you tried contacting Faema and asked for electrical schematics?
Skål,

Eric S.
http://users.rcn.com/erics/
E-mail: erics at rcn dot com

fg230 (original poster)

#6: Post by fg230 (original poster) »

HI,

thanks for the reply, my believe is that the user interface boards are the same for all the two faema and the two Casadio models. But I might be wrong. :oops:

here is what I have

I think the the cables are SW1 and SW1 in the J1 connetor diagram on the top figure, which I think are the SW in the bottom one

thanks for your reply

FG