Brugnetti mc-1 wiring

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
mpap89

#1: Post by mpap89 »

I'm having trouble wiring up my brugnetti mc-1 that i just got. the wiring was undone when i received it and i haven't been able to find a wiring diagram. could anyone help me out? I just need to know what the order of the wiring is on the terminal block. the leads from the wall plug are undone. Thanks
Michael

arbuckleservice

#2: Post by arbuckleservice »

WE found some wire diagrams for mc1v mc1p. WE can fax it to you.

mpap89 (original poster)

#3: Post by mpap89 (original poster) »

that would be awesome. my fax is 415-362-3267. Thanks
Michael

henrykaff

#4: Post by henrykaff »

Dear members,
I've got a badly misswired FRANCESCONI MC1, which is built by Brugnetti.
The difference is the vibrating pump (Fluid-O-Tech 70W). I found a lot of faults and corrected them. The 3-way valve magnet is bad and I ordered a new one . I'll get it tomorrow. The machine is boiling now but the pump does not switch off. So it overfills the boiler. There must be two ways to control the pump. One is for brewing and shall switch together with the 3 way valve after the pump. The other should be controlled by the level sensor and shall open the 3 way valve to the Boiler (no power) and open the fill valve on the water inlet. The sensor shows a resistance of lower than 10kOHM which I believe is ok when full. The controller is the GICAR BOX E.T.30 EM 1GRC (see picture). It has a GICAR keypad with 5 Keys and volume dosing.
As I have no knowledge of this unit and I don't know how to program it, a brief description of the keypad functions would be very helpfull.

As important would be a wire diagram of a MC1 machine of any type
Thanks

Hans

henrykaff

#5: Post by henrykaff »

In the meanwhile I found all faults. The 3way valve on the brewhead is controlled by the GICAR E.T.30 by means of a "optokoppler isolator triac" with zero level switch, type MOC2A60-5 on output EV1. This was defective and always "on" . The GICAR flowmeter did not show any water flow so the dosing did not work. The orange LED on it was always lit. It should flicker when the wheel inside turns and after the programmed number of turns the GICAR would stop brewing. In Germany I got a spare part.
My manually done test showed a very good shot with a crema and I'm very happy with this fine Machine now.
Hope you all have as good machines for a good cup of espresso.
Hans