Brewing pressure decline after descaling?

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
bakerb48

#1: Post by bakerb48 »

Today I descaled my Bezzera BZ10 for the first time and now the brewing pressure is slow to rise and does not go nearly as high as it did before. I did a very thorough rinsing after the descaling and tried backflushing after I noticed the problem. This did not help. Have i gummed up a sensor or messed up my pump? Not sure what to try next.

amblik

#2: Post by amblik »

Hi there,
I would guess that, similar to the cardiovascular system, tubes with a reduced diameter will create a higher pressure - now that you have descaled everything, the pressure will be less as there is less force needed to push the water through the larger openings.
I would probably say that adjusting your pump bypass to slow the water flow and increase the pressure will bring you back where you want to be.

bakerb48 (original poster)

#3: Post by bakerb48 (original poster) »

Thanks for you thoughts but it seems that when the machine was new the pressure gauge was reading in the 10-11 psi during brewing. Now it is reading 5-6 even though the shot seems to be fairly normal in volume and appearance. It is possible the gauge was fouled during the descaling process. I might descale again in a couple of days and see if that clears things up.