Brewing around 10 bar, but would 9 bar be better?

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
bradenl123

#1: Post by bradenl123 »

My Quick Mill Alexia w/ PID is brewing around 10.1 BAR should I disassemble the panels and switch the OPV to bring it down to 9? I know 9 BAR is the standard but has that changed. I received the machine with it being at 10.1....I'm pulling tasty shots but wasn't sure if 9 would be better?

Braden

maki

#2: Post by maki »

as long as you're getting tasty shots, i wouldn't bother.
LMWDP #630

Advertisement
adondo1

#3: Post by adondo1 »

For me, a too high presssure will cause the espresso shot to be more like a punch in the face with flavours rather than delicate. Finding that sweet balance where you don't get too strong of a taste and not to weak is what I think is the most important thing. I've tried brewing up to 10 bars on my rocket evo but find it tastes too aggressive. So I lowered it back down to 9 bar as it was set by the manufacturer. What really matters is the flavour. Try the different pressures and see which one you like the most.

// Robin

emradguy
Supporter ♡

#4: Post by emradguy replying to adondo1 »

+1 brewing at lower pressures (8-9 bar range), tends to produce smoother shots, but it's all a matter of preference. If you like what you're making then why bother...ya know? If it ain't broke, don't fix it...unless you want to experiment.
LMWDP #748

CwD

#5: Post by CwD »

I say adjust it, compare your 10 to 9 and even 6. Leave the panel off for a week and experiment around. Then stay with what you like best. Only way to find out what ya like best.

RyanJE

#6: Post by RyanJE »

I've switched back and forth on mine between various pressures. 10 and 9 bar wasn't much difference. In fact though, your 10 bar on the gauge is probably more like 9 or 9.5
I drink two shots before I drink two shots, then I drink two more....