Breville BES870XL running out of steam

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
slip

#1: Post by slip »

I am having problems with my machine. I get steam for about 2 lattes then the steam runs out. No steam or hot water coming out of the water spigot. The only way to get it to work is to get water to go through the head, and when I do this a whole lot of steam comes out, more then it should. Once this is done I can use it again for two lattes and it stops again. I back flushed it but it didn't help. Anyone have any idea what is going on and how to fix it?

Thanks

Randy

spiffy

#2: Post by spiffy »

Could just be the machine preventing itself from overheating the thermoblock.

beanville837

#3: Post by beanville837 »

Randy, I have the same machine but not the problem (yet). There is a youtube video from a firm that has parts for the 860XL which I'd bet has most of the same internal parts as our upgraded version. In the intro of that how-to video, the symptoms of a clogged water tube are described as little or no water coming from the shower head or the steam wand due to blockage in one of the supply tubes. The video makes replacing a tube quite clear and not very difficult. I just googled how to replace a clogged water tube on a Breville.
Hope this helps.
David

slip (original poster)

#4: Post by slip (original poster) »

Hi
I did what the video asked but I didn't know that there are o rings between the hose fittings

Does anyone know where I can order them?

Thanks

Randy

beanville837

#5: Post by beanville837 »

The video gives me the impression that the original o-rings are saved from the old tube and then reinstalled with the new replacement tube.
If you did not save the originals or they were badly worn, I would call eReplacements to ask about getting new o-rings.

slip (original poster)

#6: Post by slip (original poster) »

I found a replacement o ring, put it all back together and still have the original problem! Anyone else have any ideas? Thanks everyone for the help so far!

Randy

slip (original poster)

#7: Post by slip (original poster) »

Is it possible to have air locks?

Thanks

Randy