Brasilia Mini Classic

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
drjch

#1: Post by drjch »

Does anyone have any experience or first hand knowledge of this machine?

renier

#2: Post by renier »

Hi Jim

In our town, almost every second coffee shop uses a brasilia, including our shop. We have a 2group Brasilia Europa. The reason for this is that the local agent is close by and they supply us with great service. Just this week I was at the agent picking up some parts for another machine and in there workshop was one of these mini classics, so with your post in mind I asked the technician his opinion, and it is exactly the same as my opinion on our Brasilia. They are average, solid simple industrial machines. There parts are not expensive and easy to get. The mini is a Heat exchanger with an E61 grouphead and a 1.2L boiler . Its not a big boiler but with its 2 hole steam tip it should give you enough power to be able to steam continuously.

We have had the brasilia for 2 years and I bought it second-hand. I think it is about 4 years old now and it is working hard every day with no problems so far.
On the negative side I will say the steam power could be better and like with all heat exchangers you need to learn how to manage the brew temp.

Hope this help

Renier

drjch (original poster)

#3: Post by drjch (original poster) »

Thanks for your input Renier, that was very helpful.