Big problems with Astoria Argenta espresso machine

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
g_abytu

#1: Post by g_abytu »

Hi! First of all sorry for my language! :)

I bought an Astoria Argenta espresso machine with 2 groups and i have some problems with it.
So when i start the machine:
-Steamers work perfect
-Good boiler temperature (between 1-1,2 bar)
-Good water filling on boiler(the indicator of water stop at maximum line indicator)
-The pressure of Water pump can be adjusted from 0 to 12 bar or much..
BUT
-No cream on espresso cup surface
-Low pressure even if pump water pressure appeared to be on 9 bar(i could make an espresso only if i ground big the coffee beans)
-And after some coffees the hot water from boiler exit outside into pump water and reservoir

I descaled and bought another pump water because i though the pump water have trouble but i wrong and the same problem i had.
Then i decided to take a look again inside of espresso machine.
First thing that i observed was the non-sense valve witch it make connection between pump water and boiler. This valve i though it's not putted on the correct way so i changed the direction.
In order to understand much better the situation i put some picture after this modification.
First picture show how it's putted valve now and in second picture you can see in my hand how the valve was before:

So, after this modification i reopened the espresso machine and:
-The hot water from boiler didn't exit outside.The pump water is cold and ok now
-Steamers work good
BUT
-The pressure of pump water indicator it's approximately 1-2 bar and it's have no effect even if i try tho change the pressure from pump water
-When i try to make a coffee the pump water start but boiler receive tio much water and the boiler pressure is down after every coffee
-The water indicator is too high, it's full
-The same problem: no creamy coffee but i observe the pressure of water it's more ok even it's indicate 1-2 bar..
I hope somebody understand my language :d and i waiting your opinions!
Thank you!