Bezzera BZ99 pump and thermal cutoff problem

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Brixzor

#1: Post by Brixzor »

So there I was. pulling, a pretty good shot, when my machine gave out, together with all the light in the kitchen. A fuse had died, and the blame felt on my Bezzera BZ99, since it was the only thing in use.

I pulled the back cover off, and saw something on the pump, and the thermal cutoff.
The thermal cutoff was floating mid-air (connected to the wires of course)
The spot on the pump for the thermal cutoff, was covered in some white goo, same goo could be found on the thermal cutoff. my guess is that it was thermal paste or glue.

The machine was bought used. from a guy, who had two machines that got fused into one. And im not sure how much the pump has been fiddled with, especially the place for the terminal cutoff
some pictures on imgur:

So my questions are: did the old owner cut something off the metal part coming up from the pump, to be connected with the thermal cutoff? What would be a good thermal cutoff for this pump, cant see anyway to fixat the old one, so im looking for a better model
Rasmus

Mike_

#2: Post by Mike_ »

The white goo you describe sounds like thermal paste.

The one on mine looks different than yours, although I have the 110v version which could explain the difference. However, looking at the BZ99 parts manual it appears as if someone replaced your thermic safety device with a non-standard model.

Brixzor (original poster)

#3: Post by Brixzor (original poster) »

Mike_ wrote:The one on mine looks different than yours, although I have the 110v version which could explain the difference. However, looking at the BZ99 parts manual it appears as if someone replaced your thermic safety device with a non-standard model.
would you mind, uploading a picture of your pump and cutoff?

HB
Admin

#4: Post by HB »

Brixzor, for future reference, please don't cross-post your questions on HB. Why is cross-posting strongly discouraged? explains the rationale for this policy. Contributors to this thread may wish to review Brixzor's cross-post here to avoid offering previously suggested ideas.
Dan Kehn