Bezzera 2gr made for Pasquini need electrical help

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
WBlack

#1: Post by WBlack »

Hi all,

New here, but I'm hoping someone can assist me in a problem I'm having. About a month ago there was a power surge which resulted in burnt and subsequently disconnected wires in a Bezzera 2 group semi-automatic made for Pasquini probably sometime in the 90's. It's a 110V with a RL 40/3ES/F level box and an Omron G4B-112T1-FD-US-RP 4 pole relay. It is a fairly simple setup, but I'm down to the wire and I need some help with the wiring coming in from the line into the relay switch, pressurestat, and if there are any other hookups needed. The level box and the element wiring survived the meltdown.

Any help that can be provided will be greatly appreciated. I need this thing up and running by the evening of 11/05/2009.

Thanks in advance.

It looks similar to this, but a little older, with number 136 on the information plate.

Omron coil looks like this:

Psyd

#2: Post by Psyd »

Wendy, I'd suggest that you get yourself an appointment with your local espresso maintenance guy, pronto. If you really need to have this up and running before this evening, that's going to be the way to go.

My suggestion, other than that, is to get a multi-meter and start tracing, Anything that doesn't do what it's supposed to do, replace it. If we had a coupla days to go into what does what, and what to use instead of what's available at Rat Shack, I think that this group could pull it off, but over the interwebs in a few hours? It could happen, but I'm not holding my breath.
Good luck, and I hop that there is someone lurking out there that has fixed similar problems on a similar machine.
Espresso Sniper
One Shot, One Kill

LMWDP #175

WBlack (original poster)

#3: Post by WBlack (original poster) »

Thanks Psyd for your suggestion. I rebuilt this machine for the coffee shop I work in quite a few years ago and had made detailed notes and pictures as I went. Unfortunately most of that information is MIA. I did however find a couple of pictures I had taken of the area in question on the last disc in a stack of disc today. Between that and some other information received in an email I think I might get this thing beat. Keep your fingers crossed.

Thanks again.