Backflushing a Crossland CC1

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
rufusmcd

#1: Post by rufusmcd »

Hi, I have had my CC1 for a week now and would like to start backflushing just water after every brew session. However there are no instructions that come with the CC1 for backflushing. I have found generic backflushing instructions on espressomyespresso.com. Should I just follow theses instructions? I plan on doing a full backflushing every month with detergent. Descaling and cleaning the grinder once every three months. I usually only pull one shot a day except for my off days then its two or three. Right now I flush the steam wand before and after I steam. I run water through the brew head before and after I pull a shot. I rinse and wipe the portafilter and basket after every pull. And I buy Great Value brand drinking water then I run that water through a Brita filter. I tested the water for hardness before I filtered it and it was 100ppm or less. I havent tested it after it comes out of the filter. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I look forward to the day when I can help instead of just asking for help. Right now I am still a newbie.

geeek204

#2: Post by geeek204 »

Yep, pretty much the same as those.

1) Put blank basket in with some cafiza (don't need much!)
2) Run pump for 5-10 seconds to allow pressure to build, then stop it. 3 way valve will activate and suck detergent though.
3) Give it 10-15 seconds to rest
4) Repeat 4 more times (for a total of 5 times)
5) Dump dirty water and detergent out of basket and rinse with clean water. Put back into group and run process without detergent 5 times again (or until you don't see anymore soap coming out of the 3-exhaust tube)