Astoria shower screen leak

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
kaotik78

#1: Post by kaotik78 »

Hey all,

I posted this over on another forum but no responses so I figure'd I would try here. I've got an Astoria JUN / Mr.Espresso machine and I recently took the grouphead screen off along with the brass showerhead and hit it all up with Cafiza. It needed a good cleaning. When putting everything back together and testing my work, I noticed that I got drops of water forming around the grouphead screen and up higher where the brass showerhead meets the grouphead bell. Try as I might to tighten, it makes no difference.

I'm wondering if I'm looking too closely at this and the oils in the espresso after a few shots will settle everything back to normal again.

kize

#2: Post by kize »

I don't believe there is a seal between the group and the brass piece. Just a machine fit. From your pic it looks like your shower screen could use a little more elbow grease. Some water droplets from around the screen or brass piece while brewing are no big deal. Do not over tighten the screw holding the screen on.

kaotik78 (original poster)

#3: Post by kaotik78 (original poster) »

I double checked the schematics even when I purchased it and rebuilt it, it never had the gasket, this is probably a case of me just now noticing it and/or paying too much attention. It's not a geiser just a slow drip. Nothing else to do but tighten and see if it helps and/or re-seat and try again. Thanks for the reply and the heads up.