Astoria argenta 2 group repair help

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
mjsnjyea

#1: Post by mjsnjyea »

Having issues repairing this machine. Are there any Astoria experts that can help me out???

erics
Supporter ★

#2: Post by erics »

Some helpful manuals for that machine are here: /downloads/

The "experts" would surely expect you to define the issues you have.
Skål,

Eric S.
http://users.rcn.com/erics/
E-mail: erics at rcn dot com

mjsnjyea (original poster)

#3: Post by mjsnjyea (original poster) »

the issues that I am having involve lack of dispensing pressure. The group head spits and sputters and doesn't have constant flow. The left side does not dispense at all and the pump is functioning properly. I have had every piece of plumbing and all connectors removed and cleaned. What I want to try and figure out is how to trace the problem to the source...because all hydrolics appear to be working properly and I have found no blockages. this machine is actually a devina not an argenta as previously mentioned. I have two machines that I maintain...This machine has previously worked perfectly as it was in my café and I took very good care of it.

lain2097

#4: Post by lain2097 »

Sounds like you already checked for obvious scale by going through the plumbing. If you're completely confidant there should be no blockages, I'd check the three way valve. Semi dead solenoid coil or something mechanical with the valve can certainly do what you describe.

From memory I can't recall if CMA machines tend to use gicleurs, though you might have checked that already.