Anyone send in a Mypressi TWIST for rebuild lately?

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
Christopher396

#1: Post by Christopher396 »

I sent my mypressi twist in for a rebuild almost a month ago. I also ordered 2 shower heads. I can't get a response to get an estimate on when I'll get it back. I've sent 3 emails and haven't gotten a response yet. Anyone sent one off for rebuild recently and got it back?

Randy G.

#2: Post by Randy G. »

The "latest" on their site from their twitter acct. states:
-----------------------------------
Reconditioned TWISTs, Upgrades and Warranty Repairs
Posted by Stephen O'Brien on March 02, 2013 0 Comments

Just a quick post to announce that we are short on the components required to recondition TWISTs. We also are facing delays with upgrades and warranty repairs while the factory produces a new run of the necessary components. Unfortunately this can take a while so I'd estimate there's a delay of about a month. For this reason we've taken the upgrade service down for now from the web site. Warranty repairs will also have a similar delay, although we'll endeavour to process them as quickly as possible.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.
-------------------------------------
A month delay, stated {edit} five months 17 months ago.
The "V2" is marked "SOLD OUT" on the main page
EspressoMyEspresso.com - 2000-2023 - a good run, its time is done

hrbrun

#3: Post by hrbrun »

A year and five months ago actually....

Christopher396 (original poster)

#4: Post by Christopher396 (original poster) »

On the website upgrade page it said that the service would be available in July. Now it just shows the standard upgrade page with the price. You would think someone could reply to my messages even if it's to tell me it's going to be a while. I have a feeling I'm out $90 and my twist.

sgmonkey

#5: Post by sgmonkey »

I'm guessing they're out of business. Their page has been out of stock since the beginning of the year and I haven't heard from support in almost a week now (mine is starting to have issues).

Such a shame...loved the device and a v3 could have been amazing.

Enquette

#6: Post by Enquette »

Had a cracked showerhead on my twist in August 2013, got a quick reply and replacement part then.
Now have a different problem (the metal lock mechanism has worn loose on the bowl) this time no reply to my message, 12 days ago and counting...
Their website shows © 2014 Espressi, Inc. in bottom left corner, so guessing that if they have gone out of business it was recently... You would think they might at least post a notice on the webpage if that had happened.

canuckcoffeeguy

#7: Post by canuckcoffeeguy »

Try writing directly to this e-mail address:
support@mypressi.zendesk.com

I got in touch with them in June, when I needed a new showerhead. When I e-mailed directly I heard back from them.

bmb

#8: Post by bmb »

Someone from São Paulo, Brasil, made a comment that his Twist had arrived (from repair), this week.

Christopher396 (original poster)

#9: Post by Christopher396 (original poster) »

Got an email today saying everything shipped.

spressomon

#10: Post by spressomon »

Hope you guys have better luck with your mypressi rebuilds than I have! I have less than 50 shots on the most recent rebuild, performed earlier ths year, and it's proving unreliable yet again. It's the same old 'pull the trigger and nothing happens' syndrome that has plagued all of my mypressi TWIST V2x units...
No Espresso = Depresso