Anyone send in a Mypressi TWIST for rebuild lately? - Page 3

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
russel

#21: Post by russel »

A year or two ago I made this:

It was prototype #1 of several...really solved most of the ergonomic issues. I wonder what has become of their patents?
russel at anacidicandbitterbeverage dot com

weebit_nutty

#22: Post by weebit_nutty »

The MyPressi was my first entry into making real espresso. what a shame
You're not always right, but when you're right, you're right, right?

pacificmanitou

#23: Post by pacificmanitou »

russel wrote:A year or two ago I made this:
<image>
It was prototype #1 of several...really solved most of the ergonomic issues. I wonder what has become of their patents?
That rig would make my twist far more useable.
LMWDP #366

zorg

#24: Post by zorg »

BuckleyT wrote: There are two common complaints and occasional (but in no way trivial) additional complaints. The most common complaint is a cracked showerhead, which I have dealt with five times and there is a growing presence of the complaint of gas leaking within the handle when the trigger is pulled (the problem for santiagoluz). This is different from the rare complaints of no gas coming from the cartridge when the trigger is pulled or the rare complaint of gas discharging from the cartridge upon installation.
(...)
March 2014: Gas began leaking from the handle of my four year old v2 during trigger pulls. My archives show ten communications between myself and Ivy to supply myself with the diagram and specs necessary for me to repair the v2 handle myself. (I successfully repaired it and can walk people through this process, if necessary.)
Dear BuckleyT,

I am currently facing the sad fact that my mypressi V2 handle is leaking gas as soon as a cartridge is inserted. Can you please share information on how to service the handle?

Best regards,

Martin

BuckleyT

#25: Post by BuckleyT »

Dear Zorg,

Sorry about the delay. Don't surf much anymore.
Where you are may make a bit of a difference on the advice that I give you. I do not know if 'DE' means Germany or Delaware.

The first thing you must do is take off the left plastic handle panel (as one holds it for use), the one embossed with 'Mypressi' and the logo. Immerse the entire unit in a sink or bucket full of water and do whatever it takes to cause the gas leak, i.e. insert a fresh cylinder, pull the trigger, if necessary. Have a good visual of the end of the handle cap and of the exposed pressure machine and see where the leak is. If it comes from the handle cap, perhaps just the cylinder neck o-ring needs replacing, but if it comes from the pressure engine, a rebuild is necessary, but 'easy' to do.

I will try to post a complete rebuild guide on H-B in the coming week. However, you can PM me your e-mail to get a unorganized series of my prior emails to others with pix about doing it if you are wanting to get started right away.

With Kindness,

Buckley

dparham

#26: Post by dparham »

Sad News about MyPressi.. I use in occasionally myself... I had service issues with mine are years ago and called about service... Ivy Pascal send me this link of their service PDF and said could easily buy the seals at any hardware store or online to fix any leaks... since then I repaired mine and has been working great ever since! here is what he sent... I hope its ok to send this page.. he stated to me that it was not that hard if you are familiar with working on things like this and he was right... it was simple and to date everything is perfectly fine...

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0169/4 ... _Guide.pdf if anyone needs this get it while its there...

zorg

#27: Post by zorg »

While that document is useful, it does not provide any insight into the pressure engine itself. In my case some of the seals in the pressure engine itself had to be changed.

Since then I am very happy about the performance, a cartridge is good for 6 double shots and the unit holds a cartridge for quite some time when unused.

dparham

#28: Post by dparham »

yes I agree... it was pretty easy to replace seals... I've seen eBay has seal kits available... good to stock up but MyPressi told me they were available at most hardware stores.. and in fact ours here in south florida had them... they aren't custom seals only made for the mypressi... everything inside seems pretty robust and solid for its small size and when I disassembled the engine it went right back together fine and Im still using mypressi to this day if not on my Linea lol this last week was the very first time I had a change to actually use it on a trip and the cartridges were the biggest issue... i ended up using some CO2 short neck cartridges and for making soda and that is a NOT perfect solution... seems to be allot more pressure and almost carbonated my espresso! hahaha also I bought the new zaussenhaus (prima I think name) grinder and it doesn't seem to grind fine enough... its a beautiful grinder and super easy to grind with to me... but with wrong cartridges its hard to tell... I am back and will try soon with my cartridges...