Anybody ever see this machine? Faema Futurmat - Page 2

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Bluecold

#11: Post by Bluecold »

Thermocouple?
Then what does the gray box in your pictures which looks to be the p-stat do?
The plot thickens....
LMWDP #232
"Though I Fly Through the Valley of Death I Shall Fear No Evil For I am at 80,000 Feet and Climbing."

godlyone (original poster)

#12: Post by godlyone (original poster) »

the grey box is definitely a p-stat, it has a connection to the boiler so it could measure pressure.

But it does have a thermocouple on the bottom next to the heater coil, its literally attached to it

Advertisement
shadowfax

#13: Post by shadowfax »

I'm going to imagine that the thermocouple you're talking about is probably a safety mechanism to prevent the element from burning out if the boiler runs dry.
Nicholas Lundgaard

#14: Post by godlyone (original poster) »

The beast taken completely apart

2 descaling sessions - made about 6 or 7 gallons of citric acid solution lol!

Sooo Shiny looks new - citric acid really works wonders

Shiny pump

Boiler is looking nice!

First Volumetric Doser assembled looks brand new!

Next step is disassembly/descaling 2nd volumetric doser and group (I kept one of each assembled so I would know how to put the first two back together lol!)

And then putting it all together

#15: Post by godlyone (original poster) »

Pictures of one of the groups!

From this:

To this:

Dirty:

Clean!

How did this thing even make coffee??

Ahhh soo clean:

zubinpatrick

#16: Post by zubinpatrick »

So how did this project turn out? I am new at pump machines...am I correct in saying those are e61 (or similar) heads? I have the same machine so I was wondering if I should rebuild it.

Paul_Pratt

#17: Post by Paul_Pratt »

Not E61, those are E64 groups, I think they are called E66 in the volumetric version. I have an E64 and it is a superb machine, in many ways technically better than an E61 but due to the fact that they were placed in modern styled box shaped machines I think they don't get much attention.

Paul

Advertisement
zubinpatrick

#18: Post by zubinpatrick »

Ok next question...Other than it's size how stupid is it to have one of these in a residential kitchen? Will it take tons of power to warm up in the morning? How long? Does this have an inboard pump? The power supply and water is not a problem in my application.

#19: Post by godlyone (original poster) »

yeah pump sits outside machine.. you could easily fit it inside though.

I am nearing completion in this project.
Need to fit a few gaskets into the outflow of the group and then run the 220 to it and test

PictureThyme

#20: Post by PictureThyme »

zubinpatrick wrote:Ok next question...Other than it's size how stupid is it to have one of these in a residential kitchen? Will it take tons of power to warm up in the morning? How long? Does this have an inboard pump? The power supply and water is not a problem in my application.
As with anything we do in life, this is really a matter of personal taste. How stupid is it for a woman to pay $900.00 or $2,000.00 or more for a purse that has LV plastered all over it? The leather bag will certainly last many fewer years than a well build professional espresso machine. You have my permission to use this argument to explain why you are buying the espresso machine and hiring an electrician to put in a 240 line.

In our kitchen we have a Traulsen combo refrigerator/freezer that was designed for a commercial space. When we installed it, our electric bill practically doubled. But to me it's the coolest fridge in the world. Many people would say I'm crazy but I love it. And on top of that everyone that comes over for dinner or parties is so impressed with this big noisy monster they don't notice the counters or the other things I don't like about my kitchen. Maybe it's all about impressing others with our stuff: steel, leather, or otherwise.