Any idea how old this Elektra La Deliziosa is?

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
zin1953

#1: Post by zin1953 »

I'm guessing it's the "precursor" to the current "Sixties" A3, but -- when?
A morning without coffee is sleep. -- Anon.

jesawdy

#2: Post by jesawdy »

Jason, I think there is a thread here where someone was working on that same vintage machine, but alas I could not turn in up in a search this AM.

Yes, I'm fairly sure that this is the Sixties A3 precursor. In fact I think the A3 is still labeled as the "La Deliziosa" on it's machine plate.

Not quite as flashy as the new A3, and no trick brew lever. Other than the screen printing, I like the looks of it.

Well, I'll let someone come along that knows more about it.....
Jeff Sawdy

stefano65
Sponsor

#3: Post by stefano65 »

early 90 to 1997
the tag on the right should have the date on it
most of the parts still available in stock with an exception of the valves body (old style with the side swivel)
but the good news is that i have a tool to re- rim the inside to fix them
Stefano Cremonesi
Stefano's Espresso Care
Repairs & sales from Oregon.

zin1953 (original poster)

#4: Post by zin1953 (original poster) »

Thanks, Stefano!

There are, apparently, two on eBay -- one for $2900 (?) and one for $2,000 . . . hadn't seen this model before. Thanks again for the info.

Coffeecritter

#5: Post by Coffeecritter »

Ummmm ..... $2900.00? When a brand new A-3 with free shipping and warranty is $3195 from Chris Coffee?

Sue
Life's too short to live in Dallas!

LMWDP #157

zin1953 (original poster)

#6: Post by zin1953 (original poster) »

Well that was certainly MY thinking re: the first one . . .

cannonfodder
Team HB

#7: Post by cannonfodder »

There was T1 (electronic version of the A3) along with all the fixings for around $2700 last week. I think it was a small restaurant that stepped up to a bigger machine, or got out of the business all together. FYI, if you plan on getting a new A3, I would do it quickly. Prices are going to jump in a very big way after the first of the year.

Jim at 1st-line has them new including shipping for $2795 provided he still has some. Chris's prices have gone up, it is over $3K now. I would imagine Jim's will follow suit once old stock is out and new machines have to be shipped from Italy.

Jim also has some cool Elektra cups, I got a set of those as well.

Disclaimer-I am partial because I own an A3, got it from Chris a year ago and could not be happier, I had a two group before the A3.

FYI, shipping on that older unit would probably make the total price close to Jim's new price with shipping. They are expensive to ship. My machine came strapped to a pallet and shipped heavy freight.
Dave Stephens

Coffeecritter

#8: Post by Coffeecritter »

I'll second CF's praise of the A-3! I've only had mine for 3 months, but even my fumble-fingered husband has stopped asking me to make his coffees for him. He's doing it himself! And loving the results! This is a very consistent and forgiving machine. If your cash flow can handle it, now's the time to buy. As CF noted, the price has already increased at Chris' and will doubtless not stop any time soon.

And it's drop-dead gorgeous 8)

(Cups, you say?)
Life's too short to live in Dallas!

LMWDP #157

cannonfodder
Team HB

#9: Post by cannonfodder replying to Coffeecritter »

Yes, cups. But you have to look for them on Jims web page (hint, look under Elektra home machines not commercial)

and just for fun...

Dave Stephens

bigdog002

#10: Post by bigdog002 »

Love the looks of that machine. Are those joysticks or long switches? I'm so jealous, especially if it has joysticks .. I want a joystick machine.