Any experience with a Salvatore Espresso Machine?

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
threwitallaway

#1: Post by threwitallaway »

Just bought a Salvatore E-61 Group Machine. Replaced my 12 yr old Pasquini Livia 90. Thus far, no regrets. Seems to forgive any minor errors, pulls have all been decent if not downright good. Any other users out there with experience with a Salvatore? What is your opinion of the machine performance/results if you have one?

Thanks,

-Nate

onthego

#2: Post by onthego »

How does the espresso compare with what you were getting with the Pasquini?
Is the E-61 you purchased the one he has on his web site or one of the limited production models that were sold elsewhere?

twolane

#3: Post by twolane »

Is there an anti vacuum valve on your machine? I worked with one that did not have one, and it was less than favorable in my opinion.

rbh1515

#4: Post by rbh1515 »

I bought my dad one about 10 years ago, and it was great. No problems. I always enjoyed using it. My dad just traded his in for their new model, and I also decided to get one. I love it. I also have a GS3, and I think the espresso is just as good. The reason they don't have a vacuum breaker, is they don't think it's a good idea to be blowing steam inside your machine every time you heat it up--makes sense. It does heat up very quickly.
Rob