Anita steam knob difficult to turn after valve repair - Page 2

Equipment doesn't work? Troubleshooting? If you're handy, members can help.
quar

#11: Post by quar »

If you have the second generation Anita, you have the multi-directional swivel arm, and not the left-right swivel arm, right? If that's the case, you bought a 1st gen valve assembly and trying to replace a second gen valve stem with a 1st gen valve stem. Time to call Chris' service department...

Mike

erics
Supporter ★

#12: Post by erics »

Eli -

First off, Mike's right.

I had the same problem on my 1st generation Anita and ended up simply swapping the steam and hot water valves. The steam valve would shut securely when the machine was cold and since I never use the hot water spigot, all is now well. I agree that this is not the "proper fix" but this addiction requires certain sacrifices. While I was in the machine I used the opportunity to remove and clean the level probe.

I do have a complete (new) 2nd generation steam valve and wand assembly in case you run into trouble.
Skål,

Eric S.
http://users.rcn.com/erics/
E-mail: erics at rcn dot com

Beezer

#13: Post by Beezer »

Thanks for the replies. I was afraid it might be the wrong steam valve stem. D'oh!

On the positive side, just pulling apart the old valve and putting it back together seems to have greatly reduced the leak. I guess I might have dislodged some crud that was interfering with the seal. Maybe I won't need to do any further work on it. Or maybe it will start leaking again right away. Who knows?

On the negative side, the whole valve assembly is now a bit loose, so the whole thing moves around when I swing the wand out. I removed the side panels and tried to tighten it up, but it's almost impossible to get a wrench in behind the front panel to tighten the nut that holds the valve in place. Grrr. I got it a bit tighter, but it still moves a bit. Oh well, I think it's good enough for the moment. Maybe I'll give it another shot this weekend. Or not.
Lock and load!