Andreja Premium Brew Pressure Problems - Page 2

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Jescrib2

#11: Post by Jescrib2 »

I did order the air release valve today. So I will be changing that when it arrives. Eric, if it is what you initially thought what would you do to fix it, because maybe there is too much water in there I really can't tell. Any other thoughts or idea. I really don't want to sent this machine back to NY.

erics
Supporter ★

#12: Post by erics »

The best way to measure the water level is with a 1/16" wooden dowel about 10" long. The new "air release" valve may or may not have a new o-ring in place to seal it to the pump snout. If not, you CAN reuse the old o-ring - just be careful when you remove same.

How much water flows out of the return line on your machine per minute when you simply do a flush as I did? It should be a fast series of drops - NOT a steady stream. What are your pressure values when you do what I did?
Skål,

Eric S.
http://users.rcn.com/erics/
E-mail: erics at rcn dot com

Jescrib2

#13: Post by Jescrib2 »

Eric,

I finally got it working again!!!
It turns out the air release valve was indeed bad.
I still have no idea how it was bad.
I do not understand at all, maybe you could explain if you know.
I have been scratching my head all day thinking how that could have been the problem.
I will be ordering an additional one for backup.
It is funny because my first 2 shots were really bad.
I am out of practice haha.
Thank you very much for your assistance.

erics
Supporter ★

#14: Post by erics »

That's great - another example of Chris' Coffee tech(s) coming through. I still believe it is a good idea to make some measurements as I previously detailed so that you will have a good baseline. A PITA, yes, but they may come in handy some day.
Skål,

Eric S.
http://users.rcn.com/erics/
E-mail: erics at rcn dot com

Jeff Oxroad

#15: Post by Jeff Oxroad »

Doug--

Did you ever find the cause of your pump running with the power off?

I have an Andreja Premium. I just installed a new vibe pump from Chris Coffee and it runs with the machine's power turned off.

FWIW the old pump seemed to be cutting out when I pulled a double shot. When pulling a shot after about the 16 second mark the pump would start to drop off and surge rather rhythmically and the group pressure gauge would drop from 10 down to 8 then up to 10 and down to maybe 5 and up and down like that.

I'm stumped as to how power gets to the pump with the power off, and why start now. I don't think I damaged any wires in the replacement.

Any ideas anyone has will be appreciated.

(This is my first post to the Board so please advise if I've posted in the wrong place)