Alex Duetto Mod: Cup tray handles

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Jeepin' Geo

#1: Post by Jeepin' Geo »

One thing I wanted for my AlexD was cup tray handles. Unloading the tray before removing it was getting old.

Thanks to some great research from Derek Williams, he pointed me to a set of these handles. Looks like they should come stock! I can now lift off the entire tray full of cups without worry of dropping a thing.

George

sweaner

#2: Post by sweaner »

Nice! Where do you find those handles?
Scott
LMWDP #248

Jeepin' Geo (original poster)

#3: Post by Jeepin' Geo (original poster) replying to sweaner »

I found them here: http://www.newark.com/jsp/search/result ... back=false

Mentor 270.4 and 270.5, in Chrome.

George

KarlJ

#4: Post by KarlJ »

Thats a pretty sweet mod. that also adds function, I like. Im going to be putting a pre order on the Duetto when Chris gets everything uploaded on his website for the new upgraded version. This will have to be one of my first add-ons. -Karl

Thatchmo

#5: Post by Thatchmo »

What's changed in the "new upgraded version" of the Duetto?

Also! Great Addition to the existing Duetto! Thanks for the tip!

Kirk

KarlJ

#6: Post by KarlJ »

This is what Chris emailed me:

You will be able to change the machine from 15 amp to 20 through the PID
The PID will control not only the group boiler temperature but the steam boiler temperature as well.
You will be able to change all of those setting through the controller.
You set your offset differential through the PID.
You can turn off either one of the boilers through the controller.
There is no more mechanical relay it is replaced with a silent and more reliable SSR relay

Through my phone conversation he told me that that the machine will look the same and still be plumbable.
Price should still be the same unless the Euro rate changes and of course he is going to offer pre order discounts. Cant wait!

Mine will sit on a counter just below the cabinets, having these handles is going to make life a little easier, good find man! -Karl

Thatchmo

#7: Post by Thatchmo »

Wow! They just keep upgrading this guy!!!

Thanks for the info Karl!

D61

#8: Post by D61 »

George, those handles look great! Excellent idea to have the one at the back as well. Thanks to you I have the SSR relay for the steam boiler on the way. I can't keep up with all the mods you have done like insulation both boilers, and draining the OPV into the drip tray to name only a few. I never intended to do any mods except the one below, but its proving to be very enjoyable.
Speaking of which, here's another mod they should consider, thanks to DaveC for his Coffeetime Wiki article for pointing me to this one. It solves the agony of "de feet". (Sorry for the pun..)

Cheers, Derek

mhoy

#9: Post by mhoy »

D61 wrote: Speaking of which, here's another mod they should consider, thanks to DaveC for his Coffeetime Wiki article for pointing me to this one. It solves the agony of "de feet". (Sorry for the pun..)
Dang, those feet do look nice.... since I had to look this up, I'll save others the trouble.
The Coffeetime Wiki article

Mark

Jeepin' Geo (original poster)

#10: Post by Jeepin' Geo (original poster) »

D61 wrote:George, those handles look great! Excellent idea to have the one at the back as well. Thanks to you I have the SSR relay for the steam boiler on the way. I can't keep up with all the mods you have done like insulation both boilers, and draining the OPV into the drip tray to name only a few. I never intended to do any mods except the one below, but its proving to be very enjoyable.
Speaking of which, here's another mod they should consider, thanks to DaveC for his Coffeetime Wiki article for pointing me to this one. It solves the agony of "de feet". (Sorry for the pun..)

Cheers, Derek
Thanks Derek and thanks again for finding the source for the handles.

Yes, I do like those feet (and the pun). Have to get going on that mod, too!

George

BTW, beautiful shots of your setup!