Air pocket Elektra A3 ?

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Stadler

#1: Post by Stadler »

Hello,

I have just changed the boiler safety valve in my Elektra A3. The old valve was continuously leaking, now the new one does not leak. I have the machine on timer.

After the change the machine operates like this:

1. When I draw the first hot water from the tap in the morning the boiler pressure drops very quickly from 1,2 bar to close to zero. As a result of this I hardly get any water out from the machine.
2. When I open the steam valve it seems like air is coming out (?). I open the valve until steam is coming out.
3. After the machine is bouncing back again to operating boiler pressure it operates perfectly the whole day.

It seems like I have air inside the boiler. Yesterday I opened the safety valve in order to vent the boiler for air, but this morning I had the same problem again. Today I have vented the boiler even more. Maybe it will disappear itself after a while, I have had this problems two mornings in a row. I have never had a problem free morning after the valve change. Before the valve change I have never had this problems.

Can air be sucked in to the machine during the night when the machine cooling down and then is heated again in the morning?

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Best regards,

Tomas

Advertisement
another_jim
Team HB

#2: Post by another_jim »

Do a google site search on "false pressure" or "vacuum breaker."
Jim Schulman

Stadler (original poster)

#3: Post by Stadler (original poster) »

Hi,

Thanks Jim. Now I may realize what has happened. When my safety valve was leaking my vacuum breaker was not activated during that time since the leaking safety valve was also solving the vacuum issue?

Now the vacuum breaker has stuck maybe due to the inactive use for one or two months.

I will try to lubricate it or replace it.

/Tomas

JmanEspresso

#4: Post by JmanEspresso »

If you remove the vacuum breaker, and do a quick soak in some cafiza/joeglo/pulycaff, and then rinse it good, it should be fine again.

cafeIKE

#5: Post by cafeIKE »

It wears. It's cheap. Replace it.