Advice on recent purchase of Melitta machine

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
dcamp919

#1: Post by dcamp919 »

Hey everyone, I've been shopping around various restaurant auctions lately for some various things I need in the process of opening a brewery. Well anyway today I came across and won an item, an all-in-one machine by Melitta called the CUP. I'm not able to find a whole lot of information on this thing as to whether or not it's worth keeping or just trying to resell. I've found myself getting more and more fanatical about my coffee and have wanted some kind of espresso machine (I have a non functioning one but that's a project for some other time). This thing seems cool as it has 2 bean hoppers and can be programmed to make several different kinds of drinks, albeit with powdered milk which I'm not too sure I'm keen on. Anyone have experience using this type of machine? Is it any good or should I just try to unload it elsewhere?

Thanks!
Dan

drgary
Team HB

#2: Post by drgary »

Hi Dan,

That's an automatic machine. You're also asking about a piece of restaurant equipment. Some of the folks here are restaurant professionals but most of us are home baristas, although many have commercial grade equipment that lends itself to finely tweaking the brew process for exceptional espresso, not pushing a button and hopefully getting an okay but automatically repeatable result. You might get relevant advice more quickly by looking in our Resources area (see above) and calling one of the approved equipment vendors. Several of them equip commercial establishments.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

dcamp919 (original poster)

#3: Post by dcamp919 (original poster) »

Thanks Gary. Yeah I wasn't sure this would be the right place to seek out advice on this thing, but figured it wouldn't hurt. I should have it on Monday so I guess I'll make a decision about what to do with it then. If nothing else I'll keep it around for a few parties I'm having in the next month. Thanks for the info, and one of these days I'm going to get my other machine up and going because yeah I think I'm one of those people who'd prefer the finely tweaked manual process. :-) Have a great weekend!