Adjusting brew temperature of Vibiemme Double Boiler Junior - Page 2

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
janweel (original poster)

#11: Post by janweel (original poster) »

Hi Erics, i tried what you suggested. here are my conclusions.

1. When the temperature control is turned completely counter clockwise the boiler will not heat at all
2. When turned completely clockwise the boiler will give a lot of steam. When i make a cooling flush the red button will light up. When i (then) turn the temperature control to the left (little steps) the light will stay on. When i go too far counter clockwise, i hear a click and the boiler will not heat at all.

Therefore i guess the control is broken. :(

erics
Supporter ★

#12: Post by erics »

Well then, try the same exact test EXCEPT rotate the pot HALFWAY. Having a good bit of steam when the control is fully clockwise is, I believe, normal. Having ZERO heat when the control is fully counterclockwise is, I believe, not normal.

I'm just trying to avoid an unnecessary replacement - although that may, in fact, be the end result.
Skål,

Eric S.
http://users.rcn.com/erics/
E-mail: erics at rcn dot com

Advertisement
janweel (original poster)

#13: Post by janweel (original poster) »

Half way does not seem to make a difference :-( I called a repairman and he said that this is quite a common problem with these thermostats. He will fix it. When it's fixed i'll start roasting again :-) Thanks for your support and suggestions Eric!