Added Auber PID to Rancilio Silvia, unlocked pre-infusion timer, and life is good.

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
ben8jam

#1: Post by ben8jam »

Finally pulled the plug and upgraded my Silvia with an Auber PID (with steam control). I opted not to get the pre-infusion version as I knew I could simply turn the pump off and on manually if I wanted, but after playing with the PID menus and seeing the time setting for the preinfusion was available.... a quick google later I found the secret 0037 menu to activate it. I'll need to get some extra wire to hook it up (probably never will) but it's great to have a built in countdown timer.

I did the full install today using the included instructions along with a walkthrough video compliments of Seattle Coffee Gear. It wasn't too bad, the hardest part was pushing the wires through the rubber grommet in the box.

I pulled one shot after letting the machine warm for an hour, and while it wasn't the greatest shot in the world, I am SOOO happy to never have to temp surf again. I haven't used the steam control yet, need to read about it.

Side note: Does anyone know what that leak stain could be from on the boiler? I've never seen a leak anywhere else, so not too concerned about it, just odd.

thecatch83

#2: Post by thecatch83 »

Nice work Ben...that is really the only way to run the Silvia!

That steam wand though :shock:

ben8jam (original poster)

#3: Post by ben8jam (original poster) »

thecatch83 wrote: steam wand though :shock:
I know, I know. :oops: No idea how it got that bad. Elves been making capacinios in middle of night!