ACAIA Lunar charging port??

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
F1

#1: Post by F1 »

I just got a lunar today and I don't see any kind of rubber seal/protector for the USB charging port on the back. Shouldn't it be one in there? Water will easily get inside the port. I saw no mention of any rubber seal in the manual, but logic would says that there should be one.

cnworld

#2: Post by cnworld »

That's a good question. I just recently purchased a Lunar as well and mine has no port cover either. Makes me think it must not need one, but I don't know.

F1 (original poster)

#3: Post by F1 (original poster) »

Found a few videos online and from the few where I could see the back of the scale there was no USB port cover. It may be normal operation to use it like that. I went ahead and put a little piece of black tape over the USB port just in case.

Bikeminded

#4: Post by Bikeminded »

I thought the same when I got mine last year. Put a thick rubber band around the perimeter. Solved.

(Also added some small 'stick on' rubber feet to the bottom.)

Other that that, the scale is the cats meow.

Headala

#5: Post by Headala »

My Lunar regularly gets soaked, with no covering over the port. Never had any problems, and actually I occasionally sit it upright on its back so in that way the open port would act like a "drain".

RockyIII
Supporter ♡

#6: Post by RockyIII »

If you have a LaMarzocco GS3 or Linea Mini and buy an Acaia Lunar Scale drip tray kit from Pantechnicon Design, it comes with a stopper for the charger port. A piece of tape is less expensive though. :wink:

Rocky

F1 (original poster)

#7: Post by F1 (original poster) »

So I found this on ebay and ordered it. http://www.ebay.com/itm/331855481684

shawndo

#8: Post by shawndo »

It will give an "H2O" alert and shut off until it dries out. These are pretty cheap:
http://a.co/dNKyxHy
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra

F1 (original poster)

#9: Post by F1 (original poster) replying to shawndo »

Oh crap! Those are really cheap. I even typed rubber micro-USB plug on amazon and all the results that came back were only of cables. I am worried more about coffee gunk build up than water.

Nickriders

#10: Post by Nickriders »

The micro usb port is water resistant so no need of a cover unless it is embed in the drip tray ( lmlm or gs3 from spechdesign), mine got soak more than once and never had any issue.