What is your favorite origin? - Page 6

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#51: Post by JohnB. »

For syphon brew my favorites are from Kenya & Central America. For S/O espresso my all time favorite is a good Yemen.
LMWDP 267

5seabees

#52: Post by 5seabees »

Usually Central or South American origin beans, single or fair trade beans
Gary Bastiani

Chert

#53: Post by Chert »

That is a great question. I think the Colombia Huila and Toliman origins have presented some of the most balanced coffees I have ever had. It could be my favorite. What a hard question that is too though!
LMWDP #198

kolu

#54: Post by kolu »

I really like:
- Natural coffee from Operation Cherry Red and Knots Family Mile (Ethiopia)
- Washed Bourbon/Caturra from Finca La Perla (Guatemala)
- Washed SL28, SL34 from Gatomboya (Kenya)

coffeedude55

#55: Post by coffeedude55 »

Always loved Ethiopians. But I am trying new things. Lately I have been pulling Rawanda and a few different Costa Ricans, and I dig them.

Maxwell Mooney

#56: Post by Maxwell Mooney »

Oooh!

I love so many. Ethiopia would probably take it because of its diversity and versatility.

A good Kenya is almost unbeatable though... That currant acidity sometimes morphs too easily into tomato acidity which I dislike which is why it slides off the top spot for me.

Colombias are also up there but I have to say, I think Bolivia might be edging it out for my favorite Sout/Central American producing country. I've had 4-5 incredible Bolivians this year so far! Check em out!
"Coffee is evidence of Divine Grace, flavored coffee evidence of the Fall" -Kevin Hall

LMWDP #406

kwantfm

#57: Post by kwantfm »

Ethiopia and Panama (both dry processed)... I also love El Salvador.
LMWDP #602

IMAWriter

#58: Post by IMAWriter »

For vac pot, USUALLY Centrals, more specifically Costa Rican and Elsalvador, for Kalita the same , but loving Guatemalan there as well.
For espresso, The Yemens of yesteryear...OK, currently El Salvador, Ethiopian Sidama, and a great Rwanda.

SpaceTime

#59: Post by SpaceTime »

Favorite? Hmmm... I like so many... I have varying tastes based on the day and the method... :wink:

My latest Redbird purchase saw a pound each of Brazilian Sweet Blue, one Ethiopian Wote and one Ariche, one Brazilian Moka Peaberry, one Sumatran Permata Gayo. He also makes a tasty Rwandan.

Then on Saturday from Lost Dutchman (local) I purchased two pounds of Sweet Yellow and one of Ethiopian Sidamo. They are still off-gassing, and need a couple of days before I crack those open...

I have a Cremina, and love trying new things - the Sweet Blue and Wote or Ariche mixed 75 /25 is excellent, and 50 / 50 if you don't mind the dominance of the Yirg blueberry / fruitiness. Jeff's (Redbird) Sweet Blue is an excellent single origin espresso, and a great foundation / base for a lot of cool mixes. It is also the foundation for his Blue Jag espresso blend. By itself it is very nice too.
If I could just like crappy coffee again, it would sure save a lot of time and money!

coffeefan6

#60: Post by coffeefan6 »

I have recently been intrigued by Costas and Peruvian coffees.