What is wow'ing you? - Page 61

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
caldwa

#601: Post by caldwa »

Here's a couple coffees I've been really enjoying lately:

Bird Rock Coffee Roasters' El Salvador Loma La Gloria Pacamara Natural: It's an exclusive lot from producer Anny Ruth Pimentel and it's easily the best Pacamara I've had all year. It's syrupy, juicy, saturated, sweet - notes of hibiscus, raspberry jam, purple grape juice, and a hint of dutch process cocoa in the finish. Very clean for a natural. Highly recommend getting it.

Steadfast Coffee Roasters' Colombia Cerro Azul AAA Geisha: It's not on the website right now, but I'm hoping it comes back because it's delicious. Soft/sweet blueberry, tropical fruit, delicate florals that are not too astringent - it's a washed geisha that has all of the good things about a natural geisha but none of the bad.

Oneline Coffee Method Espresso: New roaster to me, and I'm really liking their house espresso blend that I'm currently pulling. Dosing 18g in/36g out/30s/202F and it's tasting like Juicy Fruit gum and caramel. Really stands up well in milk too.

NoBurnCoffeeTristan

#602: Post by NoBurnCoffeeTristan »

I'm typically a black coffee drinker but more recently I've been enjoying splashing a bit of almond milk in there. Anyone else also enjoy thickening up their coffee this way?

Chert

#603: Post by Chert »

caldwa wrote:Here's a couple coffees I've been really enjoying lately:

Bird Rock Coffee Roasters' El Salvador Loma La Gloria Pacamara Natural: It's an exclusive lot from producer Anny Ruth Pimentel and it's easily the best Pacamara I've had all year. It's syrupy, juicy, saturated, sweet - notes of hibiscus, raspberry jam, purple grape juice, and a hint of dutch process cocoa in the finish. Very clean for a natural. Highly recommend getting it.

Steadfast Coffee Roasters' Colombia Cerro Azul AAA Geisha: It's not on the website right now, but I'm hoping it comes back because it's delicious. Soft/sweet blueberry, tropical fruit, delicate florals that are not too astringent - it's a washed geisha that has all of the good things about a natural geisha but none of the bad.

Oneline Coffee Method Espresso: New roaster to me, and I'm really liking their house espresso blend that I'm currently pulling. Dosing 18g in/36g out/30s/202F and it's tasting like Juicy Fruit gum and caramel. Really stands up well in milk too.

<image>
Sounds and looks tasty. Is that one of those Ancap demitasse?
LMWDP #198

mauijer

#604: Post by mauijer »

caldwa wrote:Here's a couple coffees I've been really enjoying lately:

<image>
I love that demitasse cup with the turquoise; where did you order it from?

caldwa

#605: Post by caldwa »

Chert wrote:Sounds and looks tasty. Is that one of those Ancap demitasse?
It is! Just got it in a pair a few weeks back and I really like them.
mauijer wrote:I love that demitasse cup with the turquoise; where did you order it from?
I bought them from Prima Coffee - it's the Verona Teal Painted-Rim Demitasse.

mauijer

#606: Post by mauijer »

caldwa wrote:It is! Just got it in a pair a few weeks back and I really like them.

I bought them from Prima Coffee - it's the Verona Teal Painted-Rim Demitasse.
Thanks!

LukeFlynn

#607: Post by LukeFlynn »

Ritual Coffee Roasters - La Folie Bourbon

This coffee is wowingly good, and certainly needs to be mentioned here, that's about all I can say about it.. Ritual never disappoints though...

Try it, if you can find it.. you'll understand.

Hudson

#608: Post by Hudson »

LukeFlynn wrote:Ritual Coffee Roasters - La Folie Bourbon

This coffee is wowingly good, and certainly needs to be mentioned here, that's about all I can say about it..
Are you drinking it as a coffee, espresso or both?
LMWDP #534

LukeFlynn

#609: Post by LukeFlynn replying to Hudson »

Currently on the V60.

1:17 brew ratio, water just off a boil.

Their Last Exit seasonal blend is one of my favorite espressos of the year.

maigre

#610: Post by maigre »

LukeFlynn wrote: Sipacapa is a little bit more tame in it's profile. It has a nice dark chocolate note to it with a clean plum like finish. I really love this coffee, it offers a nice contrast to the washed-process Ethiopians (such as Idido) that I drink often.
I like the Sipacapa quite a bit, too, and get that same plum flavor out of it, among other things.