What is wow'ing you? - Page 51

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
spressomon

#501: Post by spressomon »

In Monterey/Seaside again...my PV-E is in failure mode (parts ordered via 1st Line)...so taking advantage of Acme everyday to get our espresso/cappa fixes :)

Had their "Bali" yesterday and will be taking a couple pounds with us back to Nevada :)

No Espresso = Depresso

peacecup

#502: Post by peacecup »

What went wrong with the Export? I thought they were just about fool-proof (unless you boil it dry like I did).
LMWDP #049
Hand-ground, hand-pulled: "hands down.."

spressomon

#503: Post by spressomon »

^ PM'd
No Espresso = Depresso

Ellejaycafe

#504: Post by Ellejaycafe »

Ethiopia: Yirgacheffe Grade 3 Natural Halo Bariti

My local supplier got this recently and reading about it on his suppliers website it comes from a very new co op that happens to be the highest elevation in all of Ethiopia. A very very interesting coffee. I've tried this both as a v60 and espresso and it really reall shines as espresso.

18 grams in 18g VST basket: 40 out: in 36 seconds.

It gives an almost overwhelming jam like blueberries and cream profile which finishes with milk chocolate. Being such a new co op I've never heard of this coffee but it's one of the most interesting cups I've ever had.

You can read a little about it here.

http://www.royalny.com/coffee_cards/4351.pdf
LMWDP #544

carl0178

#505: Post by carl0178 »

Four Barrel Coffee - Friendo Blendo Espresso, so good lately.

spearfish25

#506: Post by spearfish25 »

I've been trying a bunch of blends for espresso lately. I'm most impressed with two. Blue Bottle 17ft Ceiling and Klatch Mocha Java are awesome. Both are very smooth, full bodied, sweet and taste like hot chocolate in a cappuccino or latte.

TomC
Team HB

#507: Post by TomC »

I've had a fair amount of really unimpressive coffee from Nicaragua. Suffice it to say, it's one of my least favorite countries of origin.I try and I try, and I hear a lot of local roasters boasting of how great their new Nic lots are, only to be deeply disappointed. Most of what I've had from Nicaragua have been dull, earthy and insipid. I'm glad to have finally found something quite wonderful from there. Old Soul Coffee in Sacramento has a spectacular natural processed Nicaraguan Pacamara that really shines. Tons of sweet peach and sweet citrus.

http://www.oldsoulco.com/component/com_ ... y=15600039
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

cmin

#508: Post by cmin »

Just ordered some Black Balsam from Mountain Air.... been interested in trying that blend out for a long time.

brianl

#509: Post by brianl replying to cmin »

Sounds like they retuned it to blend post roast (which implies they blended preroast prior). I wonder how big of a difference this makes.

cmin

#510: Post by cmin replying to brianl »

Someone on here (think this thread?) was saying the recent batches of it have been excellent, I was hesitant before as it seemed 50/50 split with people saying it was easy and forgiving and others saying it was extremely hard to dial in which held me off from ordering.