Top shelf beans in Denver?

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
spressomon

#1: Post by spressomon »

So I'm in SE Denver hanging with family and just getting down to my last couple of day's worth of my go to Redbird blend for my espresso fix (50/50 Costa Rica La Magnolia + Ethiopia Sadama Shakisso) and don't feel like playing the experiment game in an unfamiliar place. Most any location in Denver is fine but I don't feel like driving the 3+ hour roundtrip up to Dragonfly.

Like balanced nut, chocolate, stone fruit even citrus if its not a stand-alone; and prefer FC-ish as I'm using my arm (Pharos) ;).

Anyone have solid recommendation(s)?

Thanks in advance.

Dan
No Espresso = Depresso

forbeskm

#2: Post by forbeskm »

My favorite is Luna roaster espresso ottimo. The buff in boulder use to serve it for years before they switch to ozo :(. They are at Brighton blvd/I-70. I just picked up some on Friday they just roasted, I'd be happy to share if you are up near boulder as I have way too much (long story). I'll be down near Hampden/Santa fe I think Friday.

It's a medium roast, can't tell you all the notes. Quite smooth, slightly darker than box car but very similar, I think it has just a bit more flavor. I use it with a lido 2 and a La Pavoni

Their website is stores.lunaroasters.com they do allow pickup which is nice.

Catherwood

#3: Post by Catherwood »

Commonwealth Coffee

The main business is roasting and they operate a cart. Check their website for how to find them.

Ontology is their espresso blend. Has been my favorite for a few months.

Guatemala Atitlan Don Santiago and Ethiopia Harrar Mesela Natural

spressomon (original poster)

#4: Post by spressomon (original poster) »

Thank you both!
No Espresso = Depresso

Catherwood

#5: Post by Catherwood »

Just remembered another Denver company, Novo Coffee

Excellent roaster, check their website.

skittles_s

#6: Post by skittles_s »

You might search out Sweet Bloom coffee as well (located in Lakewood). This is Andy Sprenger's shop (formerly of Ceremony). I had two of his coffees at Pour while passing through Cleveland and enjoyed them quite a bit.

spressomon (original poster)

#7: Post by spressomon (original poster) »

Catherwood wrote:Just remembered another Denver company, Novo Coffee

Excellent roaster, check their website.

Just picked up a bag of Novo Espresso Novo and Villadiana from their East 6th Ave location. Will let them settle down a couple days and then on to espresso.

Thanks,

Dan
No Espresso = Depresso

[creative nickname]

#8: Post by [creative nickname] »

Sweet Bloom's coffee is roasted closer to city plus than full city, but it is consistently excellent. I stop by whenever I pass through Denver. I've had great shots from both his Hometown Blend and his single origin offerings. And for what it is worth, most of my shots are done using hand grinders, so I don't think your shoulder will give out from the extra effort.
LMWDP #435

compellingrich

#9: Post by compellingrich »

Second Novo and Sweetbloom. There are a couple others that are very good as well. Denver isn't hurting for killer coffee right now.

F1

#10: Post by F1 »

Boxcar coffee roasters at The Source in Denver.
Steam Bar in Pearl Street.
NOVO coffee multiple locations.

When it comes to absolute comfort espresso Boxcar's Stella blend is by far one of the best.