Thanks Blazing Bean! (Lunatic Espresso)

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
JerDGold

#1: Post by JerDGold »

Got my Blazing Bean delivery a few days, Lunatic Espresso Blend and a Yirg. Haven't gotten into the Yirg yet, but the Lunatic is a really nice, classic comfort style espresso blend. Big creamy mouthfeel, dark cocoa, roasted nut. Just a tad of floral on the nose and enough acidity (not much, but enough) to balance out the shot.

A really nice low tone roast.

Also, I love the note on the side of the bag. Something along the lines of "We doubt you have the time to roast in small batches at home, so we've done for you. You're welcome." Hubris? This coffee drinker doesn't think so. Thanks for the sampler guys and gals!

Jared

#2: Post by Jared »

I was also able to try the Lunatic Espresso today that I received and I really enjoyed it! I am looking forward to my next pull with it! Thank you Blazing Bean!

Balthazar_B

#3: Post by Balthazar_B »

How dark do they roast it? The SO beans on their site are described as "Medium", which means many things to many people. I was a little surprised when I tried some "medium" beans from a well-known roaster which were as oily as Peets were back in the day.
- John

LMWDP # 577

Jared

#4: Post by Jared »

Here are a couple of pictures I took of Lunatic Espresso.

Balthazar_B

#5: Post by Balthazar_B »

Thanks, Jared. I'd call that roast on the lighter end of medium. And it looks like a mix of more lightly-roasted Ethiopian and somewhat darker South (and maybe some Central) American beans.
- John

LMWDP # 577

delkat

#6: Post by delkat »

Got my Lunatic last week and started pulling it yesterday. I really like this coffee. Mine is on the darker end of a medium roast - full city?

Huge crema and body. Delightful as a straight shot or with milk.

Kristen from Blazing Bean also threw in a sample of a new espresso they are trying. Very happy with my purchase!!