Redbird after sale to new owners?

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
toolate

#1: Post by toolate »

Anyone care to comment on the quality of Redbird after its sale to new owners? Jeff sure seemed to have a fine hand at keeping up quality at reasonable prices and great service all these years...Thanks Jeff from one satisfied customer for many years!
All good things ?

onthego

#2: Post by onthego replying to toolate »

No changes that I can taste. The new owners have maintained the same high quality we came to expect from Jeff.

Advertisement
chipman

#3: Post by chipman »

Same with me. Still the same bargain and quality it's always been.

seakuv

#4: Post by seakuv »

I'm still getting great coffee, shipped in a timely manner, and all at very good prices. Thumbs-up.

Orcasite

#5: Post by Orcasite »

As stated by others above, I have not noticed any difference whatsoever in either the quality of the coffee beans or the service! I still use Red Bird Espresso as my house coffee and have enjoyed it for many years. I buy it in 5lb bags, decant it into quart mason jars and freeze. Lasts me about 3-4 weeks, and I discern no difference in the quality of the coffee - crema or taste - from the first to the last jars.

I pull it a little cool - 196-7 F to get the chocolate overtones, no bitterness and wonderful full flavor.

F1

#6: Post by F1 »

How long did you guys have to rest redbird? What about the rest of the parameters?

jwoodyu

#7: Post by jwoodyu »

I ordered a bean for single origin spro and the bags arrived with no roasted on date. Not ok but it is not a deal breaker as long as it is not a repeating thing.

Advertisement
Balthazar_B

#8: Post by Balthazar_B »

F1 wrote:How long did you guys have to rest redbird? What about the rest of the parameters?
If you're talking about the espresso blend rather than the brand, I find it's quite good between Days 5-14 or so. Their shipping is quite fast, at least between their location and mine, so I generally get it 3 days or so after roast, while it's still outgassing. I like it at about 195F, 17g in, 30g out.

Oh, and as Jeff used to, they still throw a few candies in the package (I get it 5 lbs at a time, and free shipping). :)

BTW, I've tried post-Jeff Blue Jaguar and a couple of their SOs, and they're exemplary as well. All in all, still perhaps the best value available in well-crafted coffees.
- John

LMWDP # 577

old442

#9: Post by old442 »

Orcasite wrote:As stated by others above, I have not noticed any difference whatsoever in either the quality of the coffee beans or the service! I still use Red Bird Espresso as my house coffee and have enjoyed it for many years. I buy it in 5lb bags, decant it into quart mason jars and freeze. Lasts me about 3-4 weeks, and I discern no difference in the quality of the coffee - crema or taste - from the first to the last jars.
My routine is identical except my go to is Blue Jaguar. Every few months I'll slip in 5lbs of RBE.
Kurt
LMWDP 114

old442

#10: Post by old442 »

jwoodyu wrote:I ordered a bean for single origin spro and the bags arrived with no roasted on date. Not ok but it is not a deal breaker as long as it is not a repeating thing.
They've gone to putting a small label with the roast date on the back of the bag. None of mine have shown up without the date.
Kurt
LMWDP 114