Quick Shoutout to Cimarron Coffee Roasters

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
[creative nickname]

#1: Post by [creative nickname] »

I recently got a chance to sample some coffee from Cimarron Coffee Roasters, which is owned and operated by our very own cimarronEric (http://cimarronroasters.salesvu.com/index.php?). He sent me some of his Yrgacheffe Teklu to try, which seemed to be roasted to a moderate city+. It was a big hit around our house.

I prepared the coffee as an immersion brew, as a pourover, and as espresso. The roast was taken to the point where it worked well for either brewing or shot-pulling. As a pourover, it was light-to-medium bodied, with pleasant florals and a combination of acidity and spices that suggested a key lime pie with a graham cracker crust, leading to a slightly drying finish. The immersion brew was even tastier, with a great balance of body and lime-like acidity and a sweet, lingering finish. This roast also delivered pleasant, third-wave-style espresso shots; with a moderate dose & grind and a hot pull (approx. 205F), the shots were well balanced, full of nectarine and floral high notes, along smooth chocolates and a nice amount of body.

Overall Eric's offerings remind me of what David has been doing with Bodka Coffee; high quality greens, roasted a bit darker than is the current fashion on the coasts, but not so far as to mute the acidity or origin flavors. If you want to order something new, I'd highly encourage you to give Cimarron a try.
LMWDP #435

Mach

#2: Post by Mach »

Also have to give them kudos for offering a sampler, three 6 oz. bags for $19 plus shipping. Makes me want to give them a try. Thanks for sharing that!

cimarronEric
Sponsor

#3: Post by cimarronEric »

By way of full disclosure, I sent the coffee to Mark free of charge in exchange for his sending me tasting notes, and we all know there's no such thing as bad free coffee :P

But seriously, thank you for the thoughts Mark.
Cimarron Coffee Roasters
www.cimarronroasters.com

Bodka Coffee

#4: Post by Bodka Coffee »

Wow! Mark compared Eric's coffee to mine! I feel like I've almost arrived:-)

cimarronEric
Sponsor

#5: Post by cimarronEric replying to Bodka Coffee »

You've never tried my coffee and you've been doing this way longer than I have. I am the one who has almost arrived :mrgreen:
Cimarron Coffee Roasters
www.cimarronroasters.com

Bodka Coffee

#6: Post by Bodka Coffee »

Order in. Looking forward to trying your coffee!