PSA: 49th Parallel now offering free shipping over $65 to Canada and USA indefinitely

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
Bob_McBob

#1: Post by Bob_McBob »

49th Parallel was running a summer special for free shipping over $65, and it's now been extended indefinitely. They are one of the top roasters in Canada and consistently produce excellent coffees. Give them a try if you're in the States, and if you're in Canada, you should already have tried them! :P

http://49thcoffee.com/pages/shipping-policy
Chris

doubleOsoul

#2: Post by doubleOsoul »

Thanks for posting. I finally made it over to 49th (West 4th) in June and had great some great shots. Their crib was cool and they let me drool shamelessly over their equipment. ;)

baldheadracing
Team HB

#3: Post by baldheadracing »

Not only that, they are the only place in Canada that I have found that carries the Brewista Smart Scale. Mine should be here Monday :) . http://49thcoffee.com/products/brewista
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

James Mulryan

#4: Post by James Mulryan »

Thanks for the tip. .76 Canadian to 1 US dollar and free shipping, now that is what I call a deal.
Can't wait to get my beans and Brewista scale.
Espresso Cielo in Santa Monica uses 49th Parallel beans exclusively on a Slayer, awesome piccolo cappuccino last week. Wish I could get my latte foam to integrate into my espresso the way they do. The texture is incredible. :D

Marshall

#5: Post by Marshall »

If you live around L.A. and want to try their coffees before buying, Espresso Cielo in Santa Monica does a terrific job with them. 3101 Main St.
Marshall
Los Angeles

LATrapp

#6: Post by LATrapp »

Anyone know how the Palm Springs Espresso Cielo compares to the one in Santa Monica? I'll be in the desert soon and would love to check out 49th Parallel at it's best.

Thanks.

richorr

#7: Post by richorr »

James Mulryan wrote:Thanks for the tip. .76 Canadian to 1 US dollar and free shipping, now that is what I call a deal.
Can't wait to get my beans and Brewista scale.
Espresso Cielo in Santa Monica uses 49th Parallel beans exclusively on a Slayer, awesome piccolo cappuccino last week. Wish I could get my latte foam to integrate into my espresso the way they do. The texture is incredible. :D
I was at Espresso Cielo while on vacation, and I'd agree that they do a great job with 49th Parallel beans. Does anyone recall which beans they use?

As for the Brewista scale, I got one in in LA at Demittasse and I can say they are pretty great. It makes it so simple for weighing drinks on my Linea Mini. Just turn the scale on, put on the cup, wait for it to tare and turn on the Mini. It makes you wonder why more machines don't have integrated scales.

Marshall

#8: Post by Marshall »

LATrapp wrote:Anyone know how the Palm Springs Espresso Cielo compares to the one in Santa Monica? I'll be in the desert soon and would love to check out 49th Parallel at it's best.
They had good reports. But call first. They may have closed.
Marshall
Los Angeles

mixedup

#9: Post by mixedup »

Nice, thanks. Haven't ordered in a while due to the rising cost of shipping, so glad it's being addressed in this way!

Balthazar_B

#10: Post by Balthazar_B »

How is currency conversion handled when ordering from their website? Automatically adjusted by PayPal or your credit card company, based on prevailing exchange rates?
- John

LMWDP # 577