New roasters to try for chocolate and caramel flavor profile - Page 2

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
CathyWeeks

#11: Post by CathyWeeks »

Mikeltee wrote:She can do it herself if she wants to ruin it.
May I suggest making her a cup without the vanilla, and simply letting her add the flavorings herself?

It means a lot to me when my coffee-hater tunes a cocktail to my tastes, even when he doesn't like the adjustments himself.

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#12: Post by JohnB. »

Mikeltee wrote: Even my wife noticed the difference in smell and probably wanted me to make her one. She puts vanilla in it so I don't make her any. She can do it herself if she wants to ruin it.
Personally I think that adding steamed milk to a nice shot ruins it but I'll still make someone a milk drink if that is what they want. I keep a couple different Monin syrups in the fridge for my wife's flavored lattes & once in a while I'll have one myself as I really don't care for the taste of steamed milk.
She considers it a treat & I'm happy to make it for her.
LMWDP 267

borisblank

#13: Post by borisblank »

If milk chocolate & sweet are your thing, give Nizza from La Colombe a try. It's also solid as a pour-over.

La Colombe has quite a few medium > dark roasts that emphasize chocolates and are well balanced with sweetness. Many will likely find them too dark for modern tastes, but to each their own.

jasonmolinari

#14: Post by jasonmolinari »

Chromatic coffee Gamut espresso has a profile like the one you're looking for.

redbone

#15: Post by redbone »

Idrinkcoffee - Daterra Sweet Blue

Between order and chaos there is espresso.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549