Need Espresso Subscription Recommendations!

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
JerDGold

#1: Post by JerDGold »

So I'm setting up my espresso subscription, and need a little help. I want two bags a month, but from different roasters. So I'm going to set up two monthly subscriptions from different roasters, thereby getting a little variety in my life. However, I don't want both bags arriving one the first of the month, I'd prefer one arrive around the first and the other around the 15th (duh). Does anyone know of roasters that do subscriptions and also allow the customer to dictate shipping date?

I know Metropolis does, but they're out because they charge $6.95 (full shipping) for each order. $22 a month for a subscription seems a little steep, me thinks.

compellingrich

#2: Post by compellingrich »

What kind of espresso profile are you looking for?

brianl

#3: Post by brianl »

Ruby is 16oz a month for 22$ but it's very nice coffees on the 1st. Almost every other roaster is very flexible if you shoot them an email

SonVolt

#4: Post by SonVolt »

I've been happy with Counter Culture's subscription service. Their website is pretty lousy as far the subscription configuration settings go but once you get it dialed in it works great.

JerDGold (original poster)

#5: Post by JerDGold (original poster) »

compellingrich wrote:What kind of espresso profile are you looking for?
I like medium roasts, I'm a very middle of the road guy. I like to play with SO's occasionally and am a single doser, but I'm looking for something a little bassy with clean acidity and bluer fruit as an every day espresso that I don't have to re-dial in every time I get a bag.

brianl

#6: Post by brianl »

If you don't want variety then just stick to Verve, which will send you their espresso blend of your choosing at a set interval.

The newest trend for subscriptions is variety and high quality coffees. If you just want an espresso blend verve is fine. Or just set something up with a Chicago roaster.